Antonio Villenas Jamma adaptor problem

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
djfrijoles

Antonio Villenas Jamma adaptor problem

Unread post by djfrijoles »

Hello.

Im trying to connect my Misteraddons kit to my Capcom Impress. I bought Antonios Jamma Adaptor but the menu wont load. All I get is this...]

52677079537_f253eb6b18_h.jpg
52677079537_f253eb6b18_h.jpg (235.31 KiB) Viewed 697 times

The menu loads perfectly on my CRT but not on my cab

neogeo81

Re: Antonio Villenas Jamma adaptor problem

Unread post by neogeo81 »

why not asking antonio first?

AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

That looks like the mister screensaver, the menu should appear when you press any button, if it doesn't then I would say the problem is in the controllers of your cab. Did you connect the usb cable between the mister and the JAMMA adaptor? If you connect a regular USB controller to the mister, the menu appears in the cab?

djfrijoles

neogeo81 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:51 am

why not asking antonio first?

I did. Said it was probably a sync issue. I asked how I can trouble shoot as I already changed as much as I could i the ini but I didnt receive an answer after that

djfrijoles

AmanoJacu wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:17 am

That looks like the mister screensaver, the menu should appear when you press any button, if it doesn't then I would say the problem is in the controllers of your cab. Did you connect the usb cable between the mister and the JAMMA adaptor? If you connect a regular USB controller to the mister, the menu appears in the cab?

The menu pops up automatically on my crt. I did indeed conect the usb cable and I did try connecting a regular controller to the Mister also. I also tried a wireless keyboard and a wired.

AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

So do you mean that when you connect it to the cab, you can't get the menu, not even using a regular controller, but you get it on the TV? What you see in the cab, is really the mister screensaver? It's hard to tell from just the picture.

Any way I'm afraid it's hard to help you on this issue.

djfrijoles

I made a video showing the problem...

djfrijoles

Got it fixed. It was a voltage problem. Turns out the newest version of the adaptor powers th mister through the VGA cable but due to the length of the jamma harness cable some voltage is lost. The solution is to remove the 5v jumper and power the Mister independantly.

Edit

Mr. Antonio Villena was kind enough to help me resolve the issue after I sent him the video of the problem. Cheers to him.

djfrijoles