Sporadic sync problems on PVM

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
rogerxy

Sporadic sync problems on PVM

Unread post by rogerxy »

Hi
I have a PVM-20M7MDE that for the most times works perfectly with MiSTer but in some certain places in certain games (most games tbh) I experience sync problems. I use RGB - Sync on Green. Not sure why these sync problems occur but I've compiled a clip of some examples. If anyone have any idea I would appreciate it very much :)

https://youtu.be/9LvdwkoPWCQ

Thank you

rcade

Re: Sporadic sync problems on PVM

Unread post by rcade »

Maybe bad cable or bad settings in the mister.ini?
I ran those two games just now on my (14") PVM and sync is fine.

Are you using analog board or HDMI converter?

I only use analog board and have:
composite_sync=1
vga_scaler=0

I also combined the H and V sync wires on my cable to go to the Sync on the PVM, but I don't believe that matters- it works with only the one.

My PVM does not care about SOG at all. The only thing that switch does is change the color slightly.

MikeS1
Core Developer

Unread post by MikeS1 »

The sync out of the analog Io board is pretty weak, I'd use the external sync on your tv. I think it can use csync out of the hsync signal.

Wave

Unread post by Wave »

I recently got a PVM-2950Q that is fussy about sync / MiSTer's known iffy analog board sync and resolved the rolling RGB/YPbPr by getting a cheap Extron RGB 160xi to normalize the sync before it reached the monitor. Worked perfectly.

Also, the monitor syncs perfectly to the MikeS (hey Mike!) Y/C cores without needing external help.

she/her