Keychron Keyboard Function Keys

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
HerrBerzerk

Keychron Keyboard Function Keys

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

Hello,

I would like to buy a keychron keyboard for mister, but it seems that on linux, the function keys are not working correctly out of the box.

Can I log into Mister and apply the mentioned workaround it this the below article, or is even the fix mentioned at the bottom of this article already in Mister Linux included (update 08/22)?

https://venthur.de/2021-04-30-keychron-c1-on-linux.html

Thank you.

JamesH

Re: Keychron Keyboard Function Keys

Unread post by JamesH »

While we have kernel 5.15, if I am not mistaken, Keychron K8 is somehow working "out of box" for me. I am not using it with MiSTer all the time, but I had to plug it in a few days ago and to my surprise F keys were working in AO486 core.

edit: I use USB connection, have not tried Bluetooth.

HerrBerzerk

Thank you, but are they also working in pure DOS? Or just in the linux OS? It may be that under windows it works because of the drivers I fear... I hate it when the multimedia functions are default.

My Logitech is permanently in Multimedia mode and it's hell. I press F12 in Dos and the Volume symbol appears.

lu_source

Unread post by lu_source »

I have the Keychron K4 and it works out of the box for me in AO486. Been using it for over a year with no issues. But recently, I am having problems syncing it over bluetooth. I don't know if it has to do with a new bluetooth adapter I bought or if it was a MiSTer update. I need to do more testing.

JamesH

Unread post by JamesH »

HerrBerzerk wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:08 pm

Thank you, but are they also working in pure DOS? Or just in the linux OS? It may be that under windows it works[...]

Sorry, I am not sure I am following. Please let me rephrase it. It works for me out of the box for all cores I've tried (let's say a dozen), including AO486, which is able to pass through all twelve function keys.

I don't have any real retro PC, but it doesn't matter in MiSTer context, it's the Linux kernel that handles (or does not) keyboard on MiSTer.

HerrBerzerk

Thank you. Sorry for the confusion. I just thought it might be a difference using a keyboard in DOS in AO486 compared to Windows in AO486. But I got it now, thanks a lot. So I'm going to order a nice Keychron.