New Rotary Joystick From GRS in Pre-prod Testing

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Watusi

Re: New Rotary Joystick From GRS in Pre-prod Testing

Unread post by Watusi »

I love this stick but the cardboard box had to go so I picked an mad catz stick up and stuck it in.

Fits fine but i did need to saw out a large amount of the insides, just a pointless amount of plastic that sits around the stick and buttons.

IMG_7357.jpeg.9ff4d6d76f875232b88e8c1221dfec18.jpeg
IMG_7357.jpeg.9ff4d6d76f875232b88e8c1221dfec18.jpeg (61.45 KiB) Viewed 405 times

Anyway, has anyone managed to get this working on Ikari Warriors yet? I've had no luck at all so raised an issue for it here to request support.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade- ... r/issues/4

TimeWarpGamer

Re: New Rotary Joystick From GRS in Pre-prod Testing

Unread post by TimeWarpGamer »

Finally tried testing mine today on Ikari Warriors and Midnight Resistance. Can't seem to get it working properly. For Joystick config I set rotation with a spin of the rotary stick. Spinning the stick in game does work, but it's way too imprecise. Characters always spins way more than a single rotation no matter how I set the sensitivity in MiSTer. Already updated firmware. Hoping this is just a config issue, but would love some help if anyone has pointers.