Ironclad Plus A Few Questions?

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
natadiem

Ironclad Plus A Few Questions?

Unread post by natadiem »

Hi, just installed my Ironclad Plus daughter board (5th batch).

It's works mostly fine but there are a few things I would like to check with owners:

• If you don't use GPIO to keep 2nd ram stick => you cannot use the power switch features (double click for reset). Tried the "Alt Power LED" connector, no luck.
  • Digital out, doesn't work with SPIF cable.

I don't how to make this work, it's the same cable I used with my previous Mr FPGA board without any issue.

How do you guys output the sound from the Ironclad Plus?

While it's great to have a clean home for my Mr FPGA, I am not sure I would bought this if above trade off are normal.. I am sure I am doing something wrong, if someone has a solution I would be grateful.

Thanks!

AngelicLiver

Re: Ironclad Plus A Few Questions?

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

One of my setups uses an Ironclad Plus and I can't say I experience either issue.

• If you don't use GPIO to keep 2nd ram stick => you cannot use the power switch features (double click for reset). Tried the "Alt Power LED" connector, no luck.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I do not use a second SDRAM module and my power switch functions fine?

• Digital out, doesn't work with SPIF cable.

My digital out also works fine with a SPDIF cable?

Have you gone through the setup process again and double-checked your wiring? Would you like to post an image if you'd like us to check?

natadiem

Thank you for your answer.
Got confirmation from builder that you cannot have a second stick of ram and enjoy power switch functionality. It turns off or on but no double/triple click unless you put GPIO (and lose 2nd stick).

GPIO on.jpg

For the digital out, I see the light 2-3 seconds at start and then it's gone. Not sure why, you confirm you always see the light?

Digital light not working.jpg
overall view.jpg
on.jpg
front panel.jpg
front panel2.jpg
3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
natadiem

Found the issue! All the switches needed to be on same direction on the DE-10 board, working great now!

AngelicLiver

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

Great to hear, that was going to be my next suggestion. Have fun!