MSX1 Cassette "SKIP"

Pepeart

MSX1 Cassette "SKIP"

Unread post by Pepeart »

Hi,
I have been loading different cassette games but on alot of games I get the word "SKIP" and the game doesnt load. what does it mean when I get the word "skip?" Thank you

wark91
Core Developer

Re: MSX1 Cassette "SKIP"

Unread post by wark91 »

Hi,
Have a screenshot of the SKIP word ?
What is the command you use to load cassette games and which games show this behaviour ?
Thanks,

TLPD-AVW

Unread post by TLPD-AVW »

I had a similar "SKIP" issue until I realised that I was inputting a command wrong. TOSEC's MSX .cas files have loading commands listed in file names and one of this commands is RUN'CAS-'. Typing the command as listed resulted in SKIP. Turns out that the actual loading command was RUN"CAS:" — the colon was replaced with a dash in file names due to Windows naming limitations. Switching dash with colon fixed SKIP issue for me.

Pepeart

Unread post by Pepeart »

TLPD-AVW wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:36 am

I had a similar "SKIP" issue until I realised that I was inputting a command wrong. TOSEC's MSX .cas files have loading commands listed in file names and one of this commands is RUN'CAS-'. Typing the command as listed resulted in SKIP. Turns out that the actual loading command was RUN"CAS:" — the colon was replaced with a dash in file names due to Windows naming limitations. Switching dash with colon fixed SKIP issue for me.

Yeap the colon was the problem, Thank you for your help