Do updates change the video settings in the ini file

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Robgus

Do updates change the video settings in the ini file

Unread post by Robgus »

I'm just trying to figure this out...

I have a custom video setting in the ini file (1600, 1200...). I start the Donkey kong core, have it set to original aspect ratio, looks great.

I update to the most recent version (in which the DK core is included). Now the original aspect ratio looks different and fills less of the screen.

Why is that? Are the video settings reset or something as a result of the update? Can someone please explain?

Thanks.

jca
Top Contributor

Re: Do updates change the video settings in the ini file

Unread post by jca »

May be it is the reason:

MikeS1
Core Developer
'Re: MiSTer updates and changelog

Post by MikeS1 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:17 am

Arcade Updates, Aspect Ratio Updates, New Framework:
ATetris, Athena, Bagman, Bank Panic, BombJack, Breakout, BurgerTime, BurningRubber, Chameleon, CongoBongo, Cosmic, CrazyBallon, CrazyClimber, CrazyKong, CrystalCastles, Defender, DonkeyKong, Druaga, ExpressRaider, FoodFight, Galaga, Galaxian, Galivan, Gaplus, Joust 2, LadyBug, MarioBros, MCR3Scroll, MrDo, MysticMarathon, NinjaKun, PacMan, Pengo, Phoenix, Pooyan, Popeye, Qbert, Robotron, RushnAttack, Scramble, SEGASYS1, SlapFight, ,SolomonsKey, Sonson, SpaceRace, Tropical Angel, TurkeyShoot, Ultratank, Vball, Xevious, ZigZag

FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

I happened to have my Mister for before and after the above update and just tried it out. I have a 15khz CRT doing pure analog and an HDMI monitor doing 1920x1440 with the core's 90 rotation. I didn't notice any significant change in aspect ratio. I wonder if you might try some other cores and see how their aspect ratios are, maybe something messed with how the video blank settings are interpreted, which will change the apparent size/position of images on a CRT?

Robgus

Unread post by Robgus »

Thanks! I’ll have a look.

Btw. Where in the ini file should I look for the blank settings?