Some questions regarding C64 and Wonderswan Color

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
xyla

Some questions regarding C64 and Wonderswan Color

Unread post by xyla »

Hey everyone, just got my MiSTer and love it so much already. The tinkering and nostalgia balance hits just the right spot for me!

I'm kinda stuck on C64 though - I can load games but I'm missing a "Start" button. I remember that there was a button like that on my original C64 but I have no idea where they are emulating that on a keyboard or controller - tried everything, so far nothing worked. For example the James Bond game - I have the start screen and it is loaded and is working but I can't transition from that screen. Wolfenstein has the same obstacle for me.

Also I can't get Wonderswan Color to boot. I'm stuck on a white screen. Bios should be in through "update_all" and games are there too. Normal Wonderswan works like a charm too.

mapf

Re: Some questions regarding C64 and Wonderswan Color

Unread post by mapf »

With the C64, there are multiple variations on how to transition from the start screen to the game: Joystick button (it had two joystick ports, so you might need to try "Swap Joystick" in the OSD), space bar, return and one of the function keys.

With James Bond, you can select the number of players and difficuly with F3 and F5 (which they tell you on the menu screen), and you start the game with F1 (which they do not tell you).

12characters

Unread post by 12characters »

Concerning Wonderswan Color, try to manually copy the two bootrom files from the WonderSwan folder to the WonderSwanColor folder.

metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

Escape key is runstop for C64, press alt + escape to load the rom you have rather than typing in every time (might be shift + escape or window + escape, its one of those!)

xyla

Unread post by xyla »

mapf wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:27 am

With the C64, there are multiple variations on how to transition from the start screen to the game: Joystick button (it had two joystick ports, so you might need to try "Swap Joystick" in the OSD), space bar, return and one of the function keys.

With James Bond, you can select the number of players and difficuly with F3 and F5 (which they tell you on the menu screen), and you start the game with F1 (which they do not tell you).

That worked! Thanks! Wasn't the game I remembered from back then though :P
I'll find it eventually.

12characters wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:43 am

Concerning Wonderswan Color, try to manually copy the two bootrom files from the WonderSwan folder to the WonderSwanColor folder.

Thanks, that worked as well :)

metalfacemark wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:53 am

Escape key is runstop for C64, press alt + escape to load the rom you have rather than typing in every time (might be shift + escape or window + escape, its one of those!)

Appreciate it but that didn't work for this particular game it seems. I'll keep it in mind though :)