Irem M92 Core Available

Retro-Nerd

Re: Irem M92 Core Available

Unread post by Retro-Nerd »

Another update, Alpha status removed:

I released a new rbf file which contains hi score saving support, matches the pcb audio levels and fixes sprite flicker in mystic riders.

rok

Unread post by rok »

Get ready for wickerwaka's weekend workout:

Arcade-IremM92_20230414.rbf - Initial core release

AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

rok wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:57 pm

Get ready for wickerwaka's weekend workout:

Arcade-IremM92_20230414.rbf - Initial core release

I just got IremM92_20230413.rbf from github, do you mean there will be another one today or during the weekend? Will this also mean that update_all will download/update it automatically?

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

It has been on the official repository for 22 min. Now you have to wait for Distribution MISTer to be updated before update all gets it.

AmanoJacu

jca wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:07 pm

It has been on the official repository for 22 min. Now you have to wait for Distribution MISTer to be updated before update all gets it.

I just checked github again and I only see IremM92_20230413.rbf from yesterday. I literally installed it like 30 minutes ago :lol:

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

AmanoJacu

jca wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:17 pm

What about this github?
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade- ... n/releases

Oh well, that did the trick I was using the github in the first post:

https://github.com/wickerwaka/Arcade-Ir ... n/releases

In any case, I used update_all and the rbf updated itself.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

The github you used is the github where the developers placed their work while under development, once officially released they place it in the official github where it can be picked up by the update script once Distribution MISTer is updated and it has just been updated after my previous post

hking0036

Unread post by hking0036 »

Congrats on getting it into main wickerwaka! I'm curious to try out In The Hunt in particular once my DE10 gets here.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

There was also a mega update of Jotego mras which looks like a change in the names. Now the names are completely messed up.
2 of his cores were also updated: jtcomsc.rbfand jtcontra.rbf -> Fixes flip DIP.
For his patrons Haunted Castle beta has been released.
The alternatives for atrac17/coin-op_collection got the same treatment as the Jotego mras: messed up names.

I also wish that the option Disable Markdown when posting remained set but that is another story.

lsnderick

Unread post by lsnderick »

Can somebody try playing the fighting game "Superior Soldiers"? I can't get it to work, it crashes soon after the fight begins. It was working fine with the older version of the core.

SegaMan

Unread post by SegaMan »

Can confirm the crash soon after the fight begins.

Alkadian
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alkadian »

lsnderick wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:04 am

Can somebody try playing the fighting game "Superior Soldiers"? I can't get it to work, it crashes soon after the fight begins. It was working fine with the older version of the core.

Same here.

Also I have been experiencing some graphic glitches and slow downs with Dream Soccer and In The Hunt. As I have never played the original hardware, could someone please confirm? Thanks!

southpaw

Unread post by southpaw »

Alkadian wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:40 pm

Same here.

Also I have been experiencing some graphic glitches and slow downs with Dream Soccer and In The Hunt. As I have never played the original hardware, could someone please confirm? Thanks!

There is a lot of slowdown playing In The Hunt, that's normal. I finished a play through earlier today and didn't see any graphical glitches.

evil_ash_xero

Unread post by evil_ash_xero »

I've noticed that wickerwacka has added "Add sfx volume options" to his Github Issues.
Anyone else notice how loud the sound effects are on certain games? R-Type Leo, you cannot even hear the music.
Comparing it to MAME, it's a pretty noticeable difference. Same goes with In The Hunt for PSX.
I hope he's able to add that to it soon-ish.

16Bittt

Unread post by 16Bittt »

It crashes seconds after start of the round.happened in all of my 5 attempts to run the game.

Alkadian
Top Contributor

southpaw wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:30 pm
Alkadian wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:40 pm

Same here.

There is a lot of slowdown playing In The Hunt, that's normal. I finished a play through earlier today and didn't see any graphical glitches.

Thanks for confirming!

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Major Title 2 (World, set 1).mra as just been updated.
I don't know what the update is all about and cannot test it at this time.

Alkadian
Top Contributor

So, I have manually updated the files and all the video glitches in In The Hunt have gone. However, when I play Dream Soccer I can still see just a few of them. Occassionally roughly a quarter of the screen gets all black and when the ball gets out in the proximity of the other team goalkeeper the right part of the screen starts flickering. I will try to post a few pictures to show them.

No video glitches with the other games apart from the issues with Superior Soldiers mentioned a few posts above.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

This is strange:
Major Title 2 (World, set 1).mra updated 3 days ago.
All other mras updated 5 days ago.
Core updated 4 days ago.
Where you up to date when you manually updated?

Alkadian
Top Contributor

jca wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:00 pm

This is strange:
Major Title 2 (World, set 1).mra updated 3 days ago.
All other mras updated 5 days ago.
Core updated 4 days ago.
Where you up to date when you manually updated?

From Mister github, as I thought the files downloaded with Update All got somehow corrupted:

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade- ... n/releases

If you get a chance, could you please try Dream Soccer for me? Thanks.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

OK, I thought you were not up to date. Strange that your files have been corrupted, I suppose you use exFAT.

Alkadian
Top Contributor

jca wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:01 pm

OK, I thought you were not up to date. Strange that your files have been corrupted, I suppose you use exFAT.

Correct, exFat.

evil_ash_xero

I haven't had the opportunity to check this out yet. Has the sound balance been fixed in Leo? I don't think he's added the SFX options yet, as it's still open on his GH.

Jason X

Unread post by Jason X »

This is kind of odd. I've updated my device twice now and the new Irem cores don't appear to be working. An error message says that games like Ninja Baseballbat Man and In the Hunt aren't found.

Nevermind, I had to reset my unit a few weeks ago and must have forgotten to turn some settings back on.

wickerwaka
Core Developer

Unread post by wickerwaka »

evil_ash_xero wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:39 pm

I haven't had the opportunity to check this out yet. Has the sound balance been fixed in Leo? I don't think he's added the SFX options yet, as it's still open on his GH.

I have added FX volume settings to the latest version of the core, however I do consider the default settings to be accurate to the original hardware and I have verified that with MDFourier. I've attached recordings from the core and from my PCB. M92 games often just don't have a great audio mix. Reducing the FX level a bit does improve the experience IMO, but it is a personal preference. One thing to keep in mind is that some games use a mix of FM synth and samples for their music tracks. The FX Volume setting effects the volume of all sample playback, so it will reduce the volume of some aspects of a music track.

Attachments
rtl-idle-pcb.mp3
(976.29 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
rtl-idle-mister.mp3
(983.25 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
evil_ash_xero

I'll be checking it out when I get home tonight.
Thanks for implementing it.

evil_ash_xero

Very happy with the audio adjustments.

Is there any way to play the JP versions of these games now, or is this something that may be in the future? There's some pretty noticeable differences
in some of the games. In the Hunt has a later stage as stage 2 in the World version, R-Type Leo has no respawn points in the World version, and you just come back when you die (which isn't bad, but still), and Undercover Cops is missing some moves. There may be other differences in the other games, but I'm not an expert. Great core, though. Having a lot of fun with this one.

Toya

Unread post by Toya »

evil_ash_xero wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:08 am

Very happy with the audio adjustments.

Is there any way to play the JP versions of these games now, or is this something that may be in the future? There's some pretty noticeable differences
in some of the games. In the Hunt has a later stage as stage 2 in the World version, R-Type Leo has no respawn points in the World version, and you just come back when you die (which isn't bad, but still), and Undercover Cops is missing some moves. There may be other differences in the other games, but I'm not an expert. Great core, though. Having a lot of fun with this one.

If you have more information please tell us about the differences in other games. You can find the JP versions in the _alternative folder.

AlxUnderBase

Unread post by AlxUnderBase »

RiotRay wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:32 pm

Hi! After upgrading to the latest Alpha core it seems none of my joystick inputs are recognized any more. Regardless what I do it won't accept any input (and yes...I can configure just fine and don't have theses problems on other cores).

Anybody experiencing this too?

Wowww… this bros for me too .
This , only i… i set on free play , but the start doesnt start in my case . I tried too to reconfiguarate the buttons in the core menu , but doesnt worked . This happened on the rbf 29.03.2023 . Now i dont have the possibility where to check because i need to reccap my psu from my NAC cabinet ! I know is late reply and maybe in the meantime is fixed !

Related here : https://twitter.com/djalexunderbase/sta ... Gne28X7Vpg

Im sure is because i did somewhere a mistake … needs to find out

Ps : first alpha release was working correctly for my setup (the one who doesnt include ninja baseball)