Irem M92 Core Available

Alkadian
Top Contributor

Re: Irem M92 Core Available

Unread post by Alkadian »

evil_ash_xero wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:39 pm

I haven't had the opportunity to check this out yet. Has the sound balance been fixed in Leo? I don't think he's added the SFX options yet, as it's still open on his GH.

I was wondering if you have had a chance to try Dream Soccer out yet. Meanwhile I have opened a New Issue on Github.

Thanks!

evil_ash_xero

Unread post by evil_ash_xero »

Toya wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:17 am
evil_ash_xero wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:08 am

Very happy with the audio adjustments.

Is there any way to play the JP versions of these games now, or is this something that may be in the future? There's some pretty noticeable differences
in some of the games. In the Hunt has a later stage as stage 2 in the World version, R-Type Leo has no respawn points in the World version, and you just come back when you die (which isn't bad, but still), and Undercover Cops is missing some moves. There may be other differences in the other games, but I'm not an expert. Great core, though. Having a lot of fun with this one.

If you have more information please tell us about the differences in other games. You can find the JP versions in the _alternative folder.

Those are the only differences I know of, off the type of my head. Well, in R-Type Leo, in the World version, you have to press the bit button again to get them to go back to your ship. In the JP version, they just head on back without pressing a button.

evil_ash_xero

Unread post by evil_ash_xero »

Alkadian wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:30 am

I haven't had the opportunity to check this out yet. Has the sound balance been fixed in Leo? I don't think he's added the SFX options yet, as it's still open on his GH.

I was wondering if you have had a chance to try Dream Soccer out yet. Meanwhile I have opened a New Issue on Github.

Thanks!

I have not had the chance to play Dream Soccer, yet. I did check out some of the other games last night, though.

Alkadian
Top Contributor

evil_ash_xero wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:43 pm
Alkadian wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:30 am

Thanks!

I have not had the chance to play Dream Soccer, yet. I did check out some of the other games last night, though.

Thanks!

bankshot

Unread post by bankshot »

The wife and I dumped a bunch of virtual quarters into Hook a few nights ago and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Thank you so much wickerwaka, great job!!!

Giddygoon

Unread post by Giddygoon »

Yeah, these games are stunning on Mister, Thank you, Thank you

MrMister1985

Unread post by MrMister1985 »

Amazing core! Thank you Wickerwaka :)

Tofana10am

Unread post by Tofana10am »

Alkadian wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:43 pm

So, I have manually updated the files and all the video glitches in In The Hunt have gone. However, when I play Dream Soccer I can still see just a few of them. Occassionally roughly a quarter of the screen gets all black and when the ball gets out in the proximity of the other team goalkeeper the right part of the screen starts flickering. I will try to post a few pictures to show them.

No video glitches with the other games apart from the issues with Superior Soldiers mentioned a few posts above.

I seem to be having the same problem. In my case however, neither deleting the rbf and mra files and rerunning update_all or grabbing them straight from the GitHub page seem to fix it. Usually happens after a series of mines explode, resulting in a massive amount of garbage I. The screen and crazy slow down. I’m running the 0510 rbf. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Funny thing is that it seems to be running fine on one of my MiSTers, but not the other. The one it is not working on in paired with a MiSTerCade.

Attachments
44B3D579-F6FE-4D06-9C0C-42CC30EAAFFD.jpeg
44B3D579-F6FE-4D06-9C0C-42CC30EAAFFD.jpeg (6.45 MiB) Viewed 1331 times
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Tofana10am wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:20 am
Alkadian wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:43 pm

So, I have manually updated the files and all the video glitches in In The Hunt have gone. However, when I play Dream Soccer I can still see just a few of them. Occassionally roughly a quarter of the screen gets all black and when the ball gets out in the proximity of the other team goalkeeper the right part of the screen starts flickering. I will try to post a few pictures to show them.

No video glitches with the other games apart from the issues with Superior Soldiers mentioned a few posts above.

I seem to be having the same problem. In my case however, neither deleting the rbf and mra files and rerunning update_all or grabbing them straight from the GitHub page seem to fix it. Usually happens after a series of mines explode, resulting in a massive amount of garbage I. The screen and crazy slow down. I’m running the 0510 rbf. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Funny thing is that it seems to be running fine on one of my MiSTers, but not the other. The one it is not working on in paired with a MiSTerCade.

Interesting, I was not able to replicate your issue. In The Hunt seems to be working fine at least in my case. I will try again to see If I get the same problem as you.

This is what I get with Dream Soccer.

Attachments
1684092281618.jpg
1684092281618.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 1270 times
wickerwaka
Core Developer

Unread post by wickerwaka »

The Dream Soccer issue is known https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade- ... /issues/10

The In The Hunt issue is unrelated to this. Are you sure that all extra M92 rbf files have been removed?

Tofana10am

Can you provide a list of files that need to be removed? I deleted the following:

• Iremm92 0510 .rbf from the _arcade/cores directory
  • Irem m92 associated game .mra files form the _arcade directory (gun force, ninja baseball Batman, in the hunt, etc)
  • Irem m92 associated alternative game .mra files from the _arcade/alternatives directory
  • Irem m92 associated rom .zip files from the games/MAME directory

Anything else I should look for? I did not look for any of the older .rbf files to see if they were present. It’s my understanding that the update_all script removes those when a newer version is detected. Thanks for all your efforts in making a great core! I really want to enjoy this as much as everyone else seems to be doing.

wickerwaka
Core Developer

Unread post by wickerwaka »

Make sure there are no other IremM92 files in the _arcade/cores directory.

Tofana10am

wickerwaka wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:52 pm

Make sure there are no other IremM92 files in the _arcade/cores directory.

I just checked….the only irem .rbf files in the _Arcade/cores directory are as follows:

• IremM62_20230226.rbf
  • IremM72_20230227.rbf
  • IremM92_20230510.rbf

I’m going to try to US version in alternatives and see if that behaves differently than the world version that plays by default.

Tofana10am

I just made it through the second stage on the US version without any graphical issues or slowdown. This is certainly different behavior than what I saw when playing the world version which would show graphical problems and slowdown consistently in the first stage. Not sure why it is acting this way, but I’ll keep playing the US version and write back if I notice any other issues.