aminimiga package

Krakout

aminimiga package

Unread post by Krakout »

Hello!

I downloaded the MiSTer aminimiga archive. It seems it's using a .img HDD image, which is not picked up by MiSTer. Is it as simple as renaming to .vhd or must I do something else?

Thanks!

HerrBerzerk

Re: aminimiga package

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

It picked up the .IMG without problem here, but you have to follow the instructions in the readme pretty much exactly. Like some special named roms and stuff in the directory. I don't remember exactly, but I had to fiddle a little bit.

Krakout

Unread post by Krakout »

Yeah, I did follow the instructions about the ROMs... I even have the legal Cloanto ones. I think I'm missing the A4000 single-file ROM but I would think that's ok if I don't want a 4000 in it?

So the formats supported are defined in the ROMs? I would think that would be a core thing...

Anyhow, thanks for confirming it works, now I must locate the correct files I guess. Wish me luck 😂

HerrBerzerk

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

Krakout wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:33 pm

So the formats supported are defined in the ROMs? I would think that would be a core thing...
Anyhow, thanks for confirming it works, now I must locate the correct files I guess. Wish me luck 😂

I never had an Amiga so I don't know any details how it works but I can confirm that the IMG is loading here without modification. There were 2 aminimiga on the page, one for mister and one for amiga mini. I just mention it in case, but you sure DL the right one.

Krakout

Unread post by Krakout »

Thanks again. Yes, I do have the MiSTer package, but good of you to point it out!

Caldor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Caldor »

If its a hd image, you should be able to just rename it to HDF and use that.