Hogs War PAL

folderwin

Hogs War PAL

Unread post by folderwin »

n the pal version of the game, the entire image does not fit on the CRT TV screen. Because of this, the force of the shot is not visible, etc. No matter what I do with the TV and in the game itself, I can't fix it. Is there a way through the sega saturn output to change the image size. I haven't seen such problems with other games.

Bumtree

Re: Hogs War PAL

Unread post by Bumtree »

Isn't this game also on PSX?

Unless you specifically require the Saturn version on the unfinished Saturn core, the PSX core has a toggle for 50hz PAL titles to run at a forced 60hz, which in my casual testing has fixed every awkward PAL video game perfectly. It's an incuredible feature.

Edit: I notice this topic is already in the PSX section so I might have misunderstood your question (I guess you're using an IO board with Sega Saturn video out). Check the PAL 60hz Hack option and see if it helps.

FPGAzumSpass
Core Developer

Unread post by FPGAzumSpass »

Strange, it should have worked on a real TV at that time...the output should be like with the real system.

Can you post some image?
Maybe someone else with PAL CRT can verify.

I only tried the game on HDMI some time ago and it worked good there.

folderwin

Unread post by folderwin »

It was a patch under 60 hertz

Nioreh

Unread post by Nioreh »

So you are running some janky patched game? 60hz has a lower resolution than 50hz, so I guess the patch has to crop the frame buffer, since it's impossible to fit on a 60hz output.