X68000 I must be missing something

mnielsenau

X68000 I must be missing something

Unread post by mnielsenau »

Hey Everyone

I am new to the x68000 core. I have it up.and running and have been able to get it to boot a HDF of Final Fight. I am.not using MT-32 just connecting using standard HDMI to a flatsceen. I am getting the music of the game coming through ok but am not getting any sound effects. Punches kicks etc.

I know I must be doing something wrong but not sure what. I have had a mister for a while now and know my way round it pretty well. But this.one has me stumped.

Any help appreciated... Cheers.

charmless

Re: X68000 I must be missing something

Unread post by charmless »

I might be wrong but I remember having the same issue with Final Fight. So I dont think you are doing anything wrong. The core is not 100%.

tvspelsdagboken I run a video game site (in Swedish)

cruz1383

Re: X68000 I must be missing something

Unread post by cruz1383 »

You are correct charmless it is a core issue, the core is not 100% yet and most of the cps games have sound effects issues like final fight, street fighter etc I don't know exactly why on the core.

I have read about this happening on the 68000 and it was something on the board. I can't really remember exactly what it was. Maybe the system puu-san was using to make the core had that issue and it translated to the core?? ( Just me grasping at straws at best so don't mind it too much lol)