Super Hang-On

jca
Top Contributor

Super Hang-On

Unread post by jca »

I just noticed that an update was made 5 days ago.
Super Hang-On: references to jtbeta.zip removed.
I don't remember if this was preventing the game to be run.
One thing I remember is that Jotego said Super Hang-On had the same problem as Out Run: a graphical glitch with an horizontal line in the middle of the screen. I id not hear anything about this bug being fixed and cannot test it at this time.

Chilli_Vibes

Re: Super Hang-On

Unread post by Chilli_Vibes »

I literally just tried this, and it worked great, and looked as good as MAME.
Outrun, and Turbo Out, on the other hand, both had major graphical problems, including extreme colour issues - lots of green everywhere.

Retro-Nerd

Unread post by Retro-Nerd »

Yes, Super Hang-on has the same graphical glitch like Out Run. This yellow vertical line next to the normal white road markings.

Bumtree

Unread post by Bumtree »

Yeah there's a tiny bit of glitching but it's glorious.

Don't forget about the later revision found in Alternatives named Limited Edition Hang On. It's far less brutal in difficulty but just as amazing.

bankshot

Unread post by bankshot »

Thanks for the tip bumtree! Will give it a try.

Sagat

Unread post by Sagat »

Big fan of this core, but the difficulty is indeed brutal! Getting close to the one cc of expert tracks (everything set to easy). One thing which seems a bug (apart from the line) is the sound. Engine noise seems to drop every now and then and yesterday i even lost stage music. Although i have to mention resetting after crashing, not sure if that could be related…

Sagat

Unread post by Sagat »

Dear Jotego, thank you so much for this core, i had tremendous fun with it and today after A LOT of practice i was finally able to beat the expert track from start to finish on one credit.

The bug i mentioned in the post above is still there sound is off, also the 'off track sound' sometimes stays activated when you get back on the track. Also sometimes when starting a new race, the graphics for the tracks selection disappear. i can try to take a picture of this. But i have to say that with practicing i was resetting the core a lot, maybe that causes issues? Not sure. If need i can capture examples with cell phone.