Dodonpachi Orientation

misterrocks

Dodonpachi Orientation

Unread post by misterrocks »

Dodonpachi on the MiSTer is sideways on my TV. Is there a way to rotate it without turning my TV on its side?

jca
Top Contributor

Re: Dodonpachi Orientation

Unread post by jca »

Activate the OSD, Rotate Screen -> On. Don't forget to save settings.

bazza_12
Top Contributor

Unread post by bazza_12 »

jca wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:01 am

Activate the OSD, Rotate Screen -> On. Don't forget to save settings.

doesn't rotate on a TV via scart, only on a vga monitor with vga scaling selected and/or through hdmi

The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

You are real mean: first you thank me, next you remove your thank you just because you are using this archaic SCART. I was not even answering to you as you did not even ask. Who is using SCART? Europeans, Brits who just left EU, still have a King. Guys you are going backwards, soon you will have to change your user name to Jetson. :lol:

That said, it is good to know that rotate does not work with SCART, the same as CRTs connected to the analog IO board.
Next time someone report a problem with TV he should precise SCART or HDMI.

bazza_12
Top Contributor

hah jca.. I'm sorry.. I didn't delibrately thank and then unthank you. I meant to click the quotes icon but accidentally clicked the thumbs up.. :lol: then so I had to undo that.. it was a complete accident.. nothing more. :oops:

As for the other stuff.. I only commented because I too love that core and would love to see it work on my CRT..

I didn't vote to leave the EU and think you're 100% right brexit is an unmitigated disaster for the UK. Sadly, at the moment, the UK is engulfed by right wingers who seem intent on distracting everyone from the real issues by drawing people into a culture war. I don't care if a road called 'black boy road' is renamed because it's seen as racist.. I'd much rather the cost of living crisis was sorted and I could afford to buy food instead of worrying how I'm going to pay my energy bills and rent.

I'm anti royal and would rather have a democratically elected head of state, than someone who is there simply because of a birthright. who also, incidentally, paid no inheritance tax when his mother died, and is now one of the richest men in the country - due to our taxes. plus, I was reading this morning, during his coronation (which despite him claiming to be a supporter of the environment will involve masses of c02 emissions and animal abuse) there is going to be a segment where the peoples of the world (more over UK citizens) will be asked to pledge allegiance.. ffs.. I won't be pledging allegiance to anyone or any flag.. damn it.. I'm on a rant this morning.. sorry.. this is usually reserved for my twitter feed. :lol:

HerrBerzerk

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

jca wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:41 am

You are real mean: first you thank me, next you remove your thank you just because you are using this archaic SCART.

You're right! Real PPL had to use RF or Composite and not these cheesy RGB-Signals on a Scart-Connector. That would be like changing form good ole imperial measurement to a clonky metric system.

7/32 greetings from europe :-P

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

@bazza_12: my post from start up to :lol: was just a joke. I do not care that much about thanks. If someone post about a problem and if it is in my capacities I try to help. If my help really helps it is enough for me. Regarding Brits going back to the stone age it was also a total joke and I did not intend to start a political debate.
It is good you mentioned SCART: when someone post about TV without stating how it is connected I never think about SCART but HDMI which are 2 different beasts.
I hope @misterrocks uses HDMI. If not he will have to turn his TV on its side: not fun.

HerrBerzerk

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

@jca Of course I was also just trying to pull your leg.

bazza_12
Top Contributor

blimey was I the only one not realising it was a joke.. :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: