MiSTer permanant black screen after reset

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
wmd

MiSTer permanant black screen after reset

Unread post by wmd »

I recently acquired a MiSTer and am using all the officially endorsed components from misterfpga.co.uk, with the exception of the case, which is from MiSTer Addons. I followed RetroRGB's excellent installation guide to setting up the SD card. The first time I did this, I loaded a core (Truxton II), but when I tried to reset, I got a black screen and the MiSTer would no longer power-on, I just got a flashing reset LED. So, I decided to do the install from scratch again, this time with a different brand SD card (Samsung). All went without error, and have spent most of the day using the device without issue. However, at some point I messed up the keyboard remap and wanted to reset it, which I did via FTP by deleting the .map file from the config dir. Following a reset, I get the same problem as before - black screen when powered on, flashing reset LED. However, I did notice that I can still FTP into it. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

wmd

Re: MiSTer permanant black screen after reset

Unread post by wmd »

I managed to solve this myself. The issue was that I was using an AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable 2 Plus GC513 Capture Card. This capture card doesn't seem to support 50Hz, although weirdly sometimes it will allow a 50Hz signal to pass through it (but isn't recordable) and other times it will not allow the signal to pass through, which gives the issues I detailed in previous post.