8BitDo M30 D-Pad Not Recognised in MiSTer Menus

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Goemon

8BitDo M30 D-Pad Not Recognised in MiSTer Menus

Unread post by Goemon »

I have a 8bitdo M30 Bluetooth controller, which I have paired with an 8bitdo receiver. For some reason the d-pad is not recognised on the Mister main and Megadrive core menu. However, when I define controls in the core, pressing left, right, up, down are all recognised and when I play a game I can move around fine.

I also have an 8bitdo S30 and that d-pad works fine on mister on core menus when synced.

Just wondered if anyone had seen this and knew how to fix it. It’s not a major issue as I can still move around with the keyboard but I just found it unusual the the S30 works fine but the M30 d-pad isn’t recognised.

Strickhouser

Re: 8BitDo M30 D-Pad Not Recognised in MiSTer Menus

Unread post by Strickhouser »

Have you tried rebooting with the keyboard unplugged? The M30 has a button (far right of 3) in the middle of the controller that should be able to access the MiSTer menu. I only say this because I have found some issues with everything already being connected at boot, but only one controller working. I am sure there is a solution, but for now I just plug in the order I need them. Not sure if this will help or not, but my M30 d-pad works just fine on the menu.

Hat

Unread post by Hat »

Maybe try swapping the dpad mode?

From https://support.8bitdo.com/faq/m30-blue ... oller.html
The default mode of the DPad on this controller is as left analogue stick. You can also:
LEFT + Select : set Dpad as left analogue stick.
Up + Select : reset Dpad.
Right + Select : set Dpad as right analogue stick.

Goemon

Unread post by Goemon »

Thanks for the responses.

I fixed it by setting it as the left analogue stick (left + select) which kicked it into life.

Not sure if what it defaults to when it’s first recognised but this sorted it out.

AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

I have the same pad, and when used wired with my mister (I prefer wired pads, although it also works a bluetooth controlller, I don't have the 8bitdo receiver), some times it works, and some times it doesn't. Unplugging and plugging it again sometimes makes it work.

Supagoat

Unread post by Supagoat »

I had read some other threads about the bluetooth version not working (and mine didn't either) so I bought a 2.4ghz model and it works great. Glad to hear you found a solution.

pac

Unread post by pac »

Can't contribute to the issues of the BT version too, but just to say that the 2.4ghz variant is working perfectly fine.

SwedishGojira

Unread post by SwedishGojira »

I have four M30 pads working without any issue connected via a standard usb bluetooth adapter with no issues. This must be a configuration issue for the 8bitdo usb adapter.