How to skip a control during button configuration, using only a controller?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
AmanoJacu

How to skip a control during button configuration, using only a controller?

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

When I am configuring the buttons for a core, specially arcade games, sometime I don't need all the buttons, or my controller doesn't have enough. In those cases, to skip the button I need to press a button on the mister itself, or in the keyboard. But I wish there was a way to do so only using the controller, maybe it is but I haven't figured it out? In other systems, keeping any button pressed skips the input, but I haven't been able to do so in the mister. Thanks!

Flandango
Core Developer

Re: How to skip a control during button configuration, using only a controller?

Unread post by Flandango »

If you are configuring the controller in a core, then tap/press the button you configured to bring up the menu/osd.
This only works of course if you configured your controller with Main and assigned a Menu button on it.

16Bittt

Unread post by 16Bittt »

AmanoJacu wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:16 pm

When I am configuring the buttons for a core, specially arcade games, sometime I don't need all the buttons, or my controller doesn't have enough. In those cases, to skip the button I need to press a button on the mister itself, or in the keyboard. But I wish there was a way to do so only using the controller, maybe it is but I haven't figured it out? In other systems, keeping any button pressed skips the input, but I haven't been able to do so in the mister. Thanks!

you can either press User button on Mister or Space on a keyboard.

AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

Hi, thanks for the replies.

16Bittt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:14 am

you can either press User button on Mister or Space on a keyboard.

I know that, but I was looking for an alternative way, as I don't usually have a keyboard connected, and the mister may be hard to reach.

Flandango wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:01 pm

If you are configuring the controller in a core, then tap/press the button you configured to bring up the menu/osd.
This only works of course if you configured your controller with Main and assigned a Menu button on it.

Yes, this is what I was looking for, I usually have 2 buttons at the same time for the menu, so by pressing the control is skipped.