CIFS Saves Not Loading

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
gameboyhomeboy

CIFS Saves Not Loading

Unread post by gameboyhomeboy »

I'm at my wits end here. I am setting up my second MiSTer. I have a NAS that I've always loaded games and saves from. I cannot for the life of me get my new MiSTer to load saves. It loads games from my NAS just fine. I have deleted the saves folder and have the same saves folder with all of my saves on my NAS. If I open the "cifs" folder, I can see "saves" which symlinks to my NAS folder just fine. Everytime I open a game however, it recreates my "saves" folder on my SD card and attempts to write a new save locally vs reading off of my NAS.

I'm not exactly a newbie here and have tried everything I can think of. My old MiSTer with similar configurations loads games and saves just fine. It's not a permission issue on the NAS as I have checked and rechecked there.....MiSTer just will not recognize my saves folder where it always has before on my NAS while reading games just fine.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as I'm ready to pull my hair out.

gameboyhomeboy

Re: CIFS Saves Not Loading

I have now started from scratch again with the same results. Recreated the share on my NAS. Reset permissions. MiSTer reads the games themselves from the NAS but will not read saves. I have deleted the local saves folder over and over again, deleted just the contents, and my new MiSTer will still not read saves from the network like my old one did. I do not recall going through this the last time I set up a MiSTer and I'm going completely insane trying to troubleshoot this to no avail.

Bas
Top Contributor

Unread post by Bas »

Can you show the output of the 'mount' command as run from the MiSTer at the moment you try to load a save?

gameboyhomeboy

I have managed to fix this and it was an issue with my cifs_mount.ini file. I had the mount point set to cifs instead of an asterisk. Thanks all.