Jammix RTC and IC2OLED

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
andrewfaley

Jammix RTC and IC2OLED

Unread post by andrewfaley »

Hey guys, recently I got a Jammix and I love it! Unfortunately, Jammix lacks a few functions that I find important. I believe these "Addons" are a must to have in a Mister build, including RESET/OSD/USER buttons and a volume knob. Additionally, I think it would be a great addition to have a good Oled 0.96" display for cores, considering Jammix is a beautiful project. So, I have decided to work on a project that I'm not sure if someone else is already working on, but I believe it's a pretty good idea to implement. Here it is:

https://imgur.com/a/oopTlHx

I am still working on adding RESET/OSD/USER buttons and the volume knob in the same 3D-printed "shell" that will fit perfectly with the Jammix screw holes that are not in use. This is because I am not using Jammix in a computer build; instead, I am using it as a jamma build.

It would be truly awesome if you guys could contribute to this build and provide more support for this project (:. I would genuinely appreciate any help. Thank you!

Re: Jammix RTC and IC2OLED

Unread post by 678 »

I use my jammix both on the hdmi TV to play console games and in the arcade cabinet thru jamma. When connected to the cabinet if I want to adjust volume , I use the core menu and simple change volume on screen. I use the same menu to restart or hard reset. Basically if it's in the arcade cabinet I have no need to touch the board. I also have a little blue tooth keyboard that I use to help with any other settings that need adjusting.

andrewfaley

Unread post by andrewfaley »

678 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:27 pm

I use my jammix both on the hdmi TV to play console games and in the arcade cabinet thru jamma. When connected to the cabinet if I want to adjust volume , I use the core menu and simple change volume on screen. I use the same menu to restart or hard reset. Basically if it's in the arcade cabinet I have no need to touch the board. I also have a little blue tooth keyboard that I use to help with any other settings that need adjusting.

Yes, that is something I found difficult to get used to at the beginning of using it, but as I mentioned, it is just a personal opinion. I know there are a lot of workarounds to adjust the volume, but I still believe USER/OSD/RESET buttons are necessary.

rickdangerous

Unread post by rickdangerous »

Andrew, with the pinout available, you can install the buttons even on the outside of the arcade, accessible without having to go directly to the board. If you need any help, I'm always available. For the volume knob too. There are so many options...

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt