Best Amp and DAC for my Setup

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Lostone98

Best Amp and DAC for my Setup

Unread post by Lostone98 »

Hello I would like to know what's the best speakers and Amp is for my setup? I hope I got the right place.

I have a Mister fpga for PS1, Nes, Neo geo, Dos and Amiga.

And I have a modified Gamecube Disc and SD card.

A modified PS2 for disc and roms via HDD.

analogue snes nt for cartridges

A modified Dreamcast for roms. Yet to get.

I do have Edifier Luna Eclipse 2.1 should I stick to this?

I have a Retrotink x5 connection to a HDMI splitter.

IRONBERG

Re: Best Amp and DAC for my Setup

Unread post by IRONBERG »

If you like the Eclipse you should keep them. Sound taste is super subjective. You need to go out and listen for what kind of sound you like ( warm, punchy, lean back, forward. Et.c. buy speakers and amplifiers according to what you want and your budget.

This has more or less nothing to do with your game systems or mister fpga.They can all be connected by rca, hdmi. Optical etc.

Lostone98

Re: Best Amp and DAC for my Setup

Unread post by Lostone98 »

IRONBERG wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:06 pm

If you like the Eclipse you should keep them. Sound taste is super subjective. You need to go out and listen for what kind of sound you like ( warm, punchy, lean back, forward. Et.c. buy speakers and amplifiers according to what you want and your budget.

This has more or less nothing to do with your game systems or mister fpga.They can all be connected by rca, hdmi. Optical etc.

Ok thank you for the advice, it's such a rabbit hole when it comes to this stuff.