Help Troubleshooting Some Jammix Issues

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
Gibins

Help Troubleshooting Some Jammix Issues

Unread post by Gibins »

Hi, I recently got a MiSTer and the Jammix addon so I can hook it up to my Astro City. It hooked up just fine and runs, but I am having an issue where when I try to assign controls, I can't assign the start buttons on the cab or the coin door switch to anything. I tested the cab to make sure it's not something wrong with it, and I get continuity on both start buttons and the coin switch at the jamma edge, so it's not that the cabs wiring is flawed. It doesn't work on any core and even when I go to system settings and "define joystick buttons" it doesn't read the cabs start buttons. I have my dipswitches set correctly with 1,2=on and 3,4,5=off, which says button 1,2,3,coin, and start should work + my kick harness buttons (kick harness buttons work fine).

I was curious if anyone else has a Jammix and if they've run into any similar issues or if anyone could provide some insight to what I may be doing wrong. Most of the guys I've talked to say they have a mistercade and their start + coin switch buttons work, so I have no idea if this is a me problem, or if other jammix users have experienced it. Thank you.

Lex

Re: Help Troubleshooting Some Jammix Issues

Unread post by Lex »

Hello Gibins!

In case you haven´t solved the problem here is my approach to solve the problem.

Go to Mister main menu and configure all essential buttons and directions you need for your cab. Also assign the actual

coin button of your cab to "start" in mister main configuration. I am not quite sure where I assigned the actual start of the

cab but if it does not work when you assign start to coin do the same procedure again and configure start to start - it is

a little confusing because of the peculiar configuration system of mister. Also there is some form of misconception going

on since normal consoles computers etc do not have a coin button such as arcade cabs.

Configure only the

buttons you need for your cab and leave the other options in the main menu configuration undefined by using the user

button of mister. Jammix does not have an user button but you can wire one to the board itself - look at the the board care-

fully and you find out how to do this. Afterwards configure all cores normally and it should work.

regards,
Alex

Gibins

Re: Help Troubleshooting Some Jammix Issues

Unread post by Gibins »

Lex wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:05 pm

Go to Mister main menu and configure all essential buttons and directions you need for your cab. Also assign the actual

coin button of your cab to "start" in mister main configuration.

Which menu in MiSTer is the "main menu"? The 2 menus I generally find to navigate to where there are control map options are when I press f12 with no core loaded, and when I press f12 with a core loaded. Neither of these control menus will read or map the start or coin switches on my cab, so maybe I'm just missing the menu I need to go to register them as actual buttons first?

I attached images of the 2 menus I am able to find for clarity so you know exactly which ones I'm talking about.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.