Multicomp & Turbo Pascal

d97

Multicomp & Turbo Pascal

Unread post by d97 »

Hi all ...

I booted up Multicomp (the 21.01.13 version) for the first time yesterday because I wanted to see if I could edit a turbo pascal file of mine without dragging out my osborne.

I found that Turbo Pascal 3.01 is in user section 3 of drive c of the "multicomp cpm demo disk" that someone linked to in another thread about Multicomp.

When I launch "turbo" the machine just hangs. Has anybody made it work? Now it's more of curiosity than actually wanting to use it.

Thanks!

D.

danielb
Core Developer

Re: Multicomp & Turbo Pascal

Unread post by danielb »

I seem to remember that you have to "install" it to get it to use the correct terminal definition. I don't have my Mister working at the moment, so I can't check it any more than that.

d97

Unread post by d97 »

Thanks for the reply. That crossed my mind as well - the tinst.com package did launch but I wasn't sure which terminal to pick. So I picked one at semi-random. Any chance that you remember which one I might need to select?

D.

EeDee

Unread post by EeDee »

There is a Multicomp alternative which you may like to try: https://github.com/RW-FPGA-devel-Team/Mister_mc-2g-1024

d97

Unread post by d97 »

Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a shot this weekend.

d97

Unread post by d97 »

Has anybody managed to get Turbo Pascal running on Multicomp? If you have, I'd really appreciate a quick set of steps. I've tried a bunch of things but TINST always hangs after selecting a terminal type and Turbo Pascal won't run. I'm using the large CPM image (Can't remember what it's called but TP is on drive C, user 3)