Default coin button?

barfood

Default coin button?

Unread post by barfood »

I have setup my controller in the snes-style from the main MiSTer menu, which works out of the box for most of the cores. However, every arcade core requires me to re-assign buttons because the "coin" button seems unset. I find it strange; I would have expected the coin button to be mapped to "select" by default. Clearly, there is some step I must be doing wrong :)

Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for the help.
alanswx
Core Developer

Re: Default coin button?

Unread post by alanswx »

barfood wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:34 pm I have setup my controller in the snes-style from the main MiSTer menu, which works out of the box for most of the cores. However, every arcade core requires me to re-assign buttons because the "coin" button seems unset. I find it strange; I would have expected the coin button to be mapped to "select" by default. Clearly, there is some step I must be doing wrong :)

Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for the help.
The coin should be the right button on the back.
LeftEmpty

Unread post by LeftEmpty »

Do you press "A" to tell the MiSTer which controller is player 1 first? That's a new tentative rule implemented in the latest MiSTer update, and it confuses a lot of people especially in arcade cores, since you don't try to press any other button but the coin one in those initially.
barfood

Unread post by barfood »

LeftEmpty wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:53 am Do you press "A" to tell the MiSTer which controller is player 1 first? That's a new tentative rule implemented in the latest MiSTer update, and it confuses a lot of people especially in arcade cores, since you don't try to press any other button but the coin one in those initially.
Ahh! There it was. Thank you, it works for me :)
mhartman

Unread post by mhartman »

BTW, this new setup really is not good for arcade use. We need to be able to bypass it somehow in the ini.
robf228

Unread post by robf228 »

Thanks on the coin button! I was hunting all over for it.