No Picture and Blinking Lamps

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Ggaribaldi

No Picture and Blinking Lamps

Unread post by Ggaribaldi »

Hey Guys!

I bought a mister from here mister-fpga.de a few weeks- and was super happy with it, mainly for playing Amiga.
Since yesterday though, I do not get a picture anymore. Tried two HDMI/TVs. Nothing happens, as if no device is conected.
Then I noticed that two lamps are blinking- and I think they did not do that before. I attached a shortvideo.
Any idea what the problem might be?

Additionally, I am looking for a wider manual with errow codes but also explaining the configuration options of

• the mister
  • the Amiga core
  • the Mega AGS.

Atm, I have two concrete questions:

1. Can I delete from the Mega AGS menu games?
  2. How can I add games to Favorites?

Thanks in advance,
Ggaribaldi

Attachments
400300012_7427865567241763_4603176880471455066_n.mp4
(432.66 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
rhester72
Top Contributor

Re: No Picture and Blinking Lamps

Unread post by rhester72 »

The lamp behavior is totally normal after a restart...the rest I can't speak to.

Antoine.WG

Unread post by Antoine.WG »

Can you still SSH into it?

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

Often this indicates a problem with the SD Card, IIRC it even behaves like this without an SD Card inserted, or when people accidentally inserted it in the slot of the Analog board.

I once had this problem, created a new MiSTer installation on another SD Card, using Mr. Fusion and copied the files over to my old card (except for the ini files that I had edited before). This solved it.

pbsk8

Unread post by pbsk8 »

remove the mister.ini and mister file

and via your pc run update_all script so it downloads mister file again

had the same problem after putting mister unstable file and just getting pink screen and these same leds blinking

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Others are addressing the no picture situation, but I can at least help you with the Amiga parts:

Ggaribaldi wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:37 am

Additionally, I am looking for a wider manual with errow codes but also explaining the configuration options of

• the mister
  • the Amiga core

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Wiki_MiSTer/wiki

AmigaVision/MegaAGS has a pre-configured setup that gives you the optimal settings, so in general you don’t have to dig deeper than that unless you have specific requirements.

• the Mega AGS.

https://amiga.vision/docs

Atm, I have two concrete questions:
Can I delete from the Mega AGS menu games?

Yes, the configurations are all just files on the file system. I’d recommend not investing too much time in deleting configurations, since they will be overwritten when you upgrade. Just use the Favorites system if you want a custom set of games, those will survive an upgrade.

How can I add games to Favorites?

As documented in the UI itself, press the tertiary button on your gamepad/joystick or TAB if you have a keyboard.

Ggaribaldi

Unread post by Ggaribaldi »

Thank you all- my answer took a while as I had an eye operation leading to blurry side for a few days :D.

The problem vanished - for now - by removing and adding the SD Card again. Tried several times to start and the Mister loaded as expected. Still a bit weird as the SD was correctly plugged in from the beginning. I will sooner or later as recommended create a back up SD.

Thank you Limi for the links!

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

Great to hear that it is working again! That is an odd solution, sounds like the contacts of the card or slot might have been dirty, but that seems a bit unlikely.

I hope your eyes are doing well!