How to Create Game Directories?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
sbnr21

How to Create Game Directories?

Unread post by sbnr21 »

I've been trying to create directories for the Super Gameboy Core, Gameboy Color 2P, and GBA2P etc, so I can play those games without having to use the <UP-DIR> every time.

I right clicked in WINSCP > create new directories for these cores etc and it will not let me do it.

I'd rather not create duplicates if I can program the MISTer to just use the files that are already there - including the save files.

I've tried using the MiSTer FPGA Documentation but it didn't help...

Any help would be appreciated.

12characters

Re: How to Create Game Directories?

Unread post by 12characters »

By saying that you do not want to create duplicates but use the files that are already there, I presume that you want what is called symbolic links in Linux. The version of Linux that MiSTer uses has support for symbolic links with the ExFAT file system.

I do not use WinSCP, but it should allow you to create symbolic links, see https://winscp.net/eng/docs/task_link. You can create links from GAMEBOY to SGB and iGAMEBOY2P in the relevant folders (games, saves, savestates, cheats,...).

sbnr21

Re: How to Create Game Directories?

Unread post by sbnr21 »

I see the GBA roms when I'm in the GBA2P!!!

This is great!!!

I hope it knows to use the same saves because this is a new memory card, so there's no saves on it yet.

Thank you for the response.