No Signal via My HDTV

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
heath_577

No Signal via My HDTV

Unread post by heath_577 »

Hi there,

I recently bought a Mister fpga and for some reason I can get no display on screen, I have tried 3 different hdmi leads but to no avail.

But with two of the three hdmi leads that I have used a message pops up saying "this error message will be displayed if a device connected to the television via the HDMI connection is outputting an audio format that is not supported by the television. The television supports PCM audio only. Change the audio output settings of the connected device to PCM or two-channel audio to resolve this issue"

Or another message says, unsupported signal check your device output.

Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: No Signal via My HDTV

Unread post by FPGA64 »

SSH in and change the name of Mister.ini to something like Mister.ini.old this will force a default ini.

lagerfeldt

Re: No Signal via My HDTV

Unread post by lagerfeldt »

heath_577 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:29 pm

Hi there,

I recently bought a Mister fpga and for some reason I can get no display on screen, I have tried 3 different hdmi leads but to no avail.

But with two of the three hdmi leads that I have used a message pops up saying "this error message will be displayed if a device connected to the television via the HDMI connection is outputting an audio format that is not supported by the television. The television supports PCM audio only. Change the audio output settings of the connected device to PCM or two-channel audio to resolve this issue"

Or another message says, unsupported signal check your device output.

Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

I don't think it's a cable issue.

If the TV doesn't think it's receiving PCM audio ( = regular full quality audio such as WAV or AIFF, e.g. not lossy encoded such as AAC/MP3) - it could simply be a mismatched sample rate.

I.e. you are sending PCM, but your TV doesn't recognize it because of a sample rate mismatch. "Unsupported signal" could be another way of saying a sample rate mismatch or an unsupported sample rate.

In your INI file check this:

Code: Select all

hdmi_audio_96k=0       ; set to 1 for 96khz/16bit HDMI audio (48khz/16bit otherwise)

Make sure this is set to 0 and not 1, as some TVs might not be able to synchronize to 96 kHz.

Also check that DVI mode is not enabled:

Code: Select all

; set to 1 for DVI mode. Audio won't be transmitted through HDMI in DVI mode.
dvi_mode=0

Patron of MiSTer + theypsilon + Jotego Team + Coin-Op Collection + Pierco + Nullobject

MiSTer RePlay website

Ultimate SID Collection website