Problems with JAMMIX + some arcade cores

Insert Disk Two

Problems with JAMMIX + some arcade cores

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Today I got a new JAMMIX. I took out the SD Card I was using on my old MiSTer (with no issues) and starting to test.

I have noticed that on some arcade cores (for example Rod-Land and many, many others), it shows that the ROMs are loading fine, and once loading is complete, the screen stays black. The menu shows up normally when pressing F12, but in the background, no game plays, just a black screen. Seeing that this does not happen on my old MiSTer, the issue must be due to hardware differences between normal MiSTer and JAMMIX?

Any ideas how to solve this? Thank you.

Lex

Re: Problems with JAMMIX + some arcade cores

Unread post by Lex »

Hi!

This is a tricky problem. I switched from normal mister setup to Jammix some time ago. I tried to use the old sd card and changed some lines in the mister ini (as shown in the Jammix instructions manual) but ran into some issues.

I think the best thing would be to make a new fresh setup and add the lines in mister ini you need for the Jammix setup but
I cannot guarantee that this will work. Are you saying that other games work fine on Jammix? If so I would not have a clue where to start troubleshooting because it is unlogical by nature

regards

Insert Disk Two

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Problem solved, all I had to do was to re-seat the memory module which probably got a bit loose during shipping. All good now.

rickdangerous

Unread post by rickdangerous »

Yes, it's definitely the RAM, just make sure it's properly installed. The configuration Lex mentions is only for the second JAMMA player or via the 2p DB15 module. If you're only using the JAMMIX via ITX, it won't be necessary. But here are the necessary instructions and the ideal is to make an SDCard from scratch.

Captura de ecrã 2023-12-03, às 16.20.46.png
Captura de ecrã 2023-12-03, às 16.20.46.png (524.89 KiB) Viewed 818 times

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt