Secondary SD Card Access?

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
karletto66

Secondary SD Card Access?

Unread post by karletto66 »

Hi to all !

Only a silly question is there a way to access via FTP /SMB/ SSH the "secondary" sd ? The one on development board I mean.

I'm trying to make it work with exdos and ZX Spectrum (no success for now but i'm trying just for fun....) and i don't understand if is possibile to access in some way from the Mister. Could be useful to send files directly from pc without always taking out it.

Thanks !!!

AngelicLiver

Re: Secondary SD Card Access?

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

No, you cannot access the secondary microSD card via networking. It is connected directly to the FPGA and accessed directly by the few computer cores that still use it. My understanding is that much of the original functionality is largely deprecated by the far more capable IO functionality of MiSTer Main/Linux, so the few cores that use it are the outliers.

shark800
Core Developer

Re: Secondary SD Card Access?

Unread post by shark800 »

Secondary SD Card is accessible only from FPGA core, ARM can't access it and so it can't share it on FTP or Samba.

But I do believe after some changes to menu core it could bridge it to ARM and maybe it could be shared when menu core if running?

I would appreciate it as I used it for 2 of my cores and it would make my development little bit - if I don't change cores to use images and IO access :lol:

What HW/ARM MiSTer GURUs think about my suggestion (bridging it to ARM by menu core)?

Thank you
Petr