Mars Matrix Weird Behaviour?

RiotRay

Mars Matrix Weird Behaviour?

Unread post by RiotRay »

Hi!

I just came across the Mars Matrix core for mister. Well....I don't know the arcade board, but I would be surprised if the timings of the game were corect like on mister. Everything seems to be way to fast and the game speed even seems to vary...

Is this a known issue?

Toya

Re: Mars Matrix Weird Behaviour?

Unread post by Toya »

If you have a board that you can compare with or recording, would you mind creating an issue here: https://github.com/jotego/jtcores/issues
Add as much information you can

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

I would say dont raise an issue. You need to find actual footage from an arcade board, not an emulator and compare it. Games often had slowdown. Vague guesses dont help. Documented facts help

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

RiotRay wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:24 pm

Hi!

I just came across the Mars Matrix core for mister. Well....I don't know the arcade board, but I would be surprised if the timings of the game were corect like on mister. Everything seems to be way to fast and the game speed even seems to vary...

Is this a known issue?

I would be surprised if the speed of this game is not correct. The game runs on the CPS2 core and I never heard people complaining about the core being at the wrong speed.
Mars Matrix is a game with high speed in general.

ExCyber

Unread post by ExCyber »

My time with Mars Matrix was with the Dreamcast port roughly (checks notes) 20 years ago, but I'm also in the "surprised if the speed of this game is not correct" camp. It has a hyperactive visual style that feels like the spacetime continuum is being featured on an episode of "Will it Blend?", and it definitely takes some time to learn all of the rhythms involved.