MiSTer on PC CRT and BVM

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
misterrocks

MiSTer on PC CRT and BVM

Unread post by misterrocks »

Can I connect the analog IO MiSTer to a PC CRT and BVM at the same time and play on one or the other without changing configs?

thorr
Top Contributor

Re: MiSTer on PC CRT and BVM

Unread post by thorr »

If you use the HDMI out with the scaler (direct video 0) for the PC CRT, and the BVM on analog, then yes, depending on the resolution of the core.

misterrocks

Shouldn't MiSTer scale the HDMI output for the PC CRT regardless of the core resolution?

misterrocks

HDMI to DAC to PC CRT, and VGA to RGB to BVM will work optimally with the same MiSTer config?

I'm reading that I should set forced_scandoubler=1 in order to use the PC CRT (from HDMI output in this case) but will that setting interfere with VGA output to the BVM?

FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

misterrocks wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:34 pm

HDMI to DAC to PC CRT, and VGA to RGB to BVM will work optimally with the same MiSTer config?

I'm reading that I should set forced_scandoubler=1 in order to use the PC CRT (from HDMI output in this case) but will that setting interfere with VGA output to the BVM?

Yes it would, you shouldn't use it. Forced_scandoubler is for kicking the original 15khz analog of most cores up to 31khz, which could be a problem for your PVM. If you're using the scaler via HDMI to your PC monitor you don't need or want it.