8bitdo controllers lose bluetooth sync after each MiSTer reboot

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
q654q

8bitdo controllers lose bluetooth sync after each MiSTer reboot

Unread post by q654q »

Hey everyone.
So recently I purchased 8bitdo m30 (bluetooth version) and Pro 2 controllers. They work perfectly with the exception that each times MiSTer is turned on, they loose the bluetooth sync.
My Orico bluetooth 5.0 dongle should supposedlt be fine and Dualsense works perfectly with it. The firmware for both 8bitdo controllers is the latest.
I tried both dinput and xinput sync with no luck. So, each time I have to go into pairing mode with F11 key, if I want to use these 8bitdo controllers wireless. The input mapping are saved though, just have to re-pair each time. Also, both controllers don't lose sync with Nintendo Switch in switch mode.

Is there any workaround for that?

goldenage

Re: 8bitdo controllers lose bluetooth sync after each MiSTer reboot

Unread post by goldenage »

After going through the pairing process, turn off the controller then back on again. I don't know why it works, but it does for my M30 Pro. Used to have the same problem but read that same advice on here and sure enough now every time on start-up controller pairs right away.

Brettster

Unread post by Brettster »

I had a similar issue with the Nintendo Switch N64 controller. Would lose its connection after power off. Every other controller I have was fine.
In my case I was using a BT/Wifi Dongle, switched it for an ASUS BT 5.0 only dongle and everything was fine after that.

Arcade, Video Game and Tech Junkie
liuszuping

Unread post by liuszuping »

I own 8bitdo's M30 (BT) and Pro+, and use TP-LINK Archer T2UB Nano (Bluetooth4.2+wifi). I turn on Mister(When the BT icon appears on the screen) and press the controller's power button to connect automatically, no problem.

Or please refer to:
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Wiki_Mi ... /Bluetooth

16Bittt

Unread post by 16Bittt »

Definitely not normal/common.
I have 4 8Bitdo dongles connected simultaneously to my Mister and they never lose connection.

DjunF

Unread post by DjunF »

Because the connector of this brand does not have automatic connection function, it can only be redialed after restarting or disconnecting.

q654q

Unread post by q654q »

Thanks everyone for the replies!

goldenage wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:56 am

After going through the pairing process, turn off the controller then back on again. I don't know why it works, but it does for my M30 Pro. Used to have the same problem but read that same advice on here and sure enough now every time on start-up controller pairs right away.

Sadly, this didn't work. I tried multiple times, both xinput and dinput on each controller, with no results. I even tried turning of both controllers right before confirming that sync process is done and right after that.

DjunF wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:51 am

Because the connector of this brand does not have automatic connection function, it can only be redialed after restarting or disconnecting.

Do you mean my Orico bluetooth dongle, to be more specific? I thought that this brand should be more or less reliable and certainly not some Chinese noname brand. What also surprises me, that Dualsesnse doesn't lose bluetooth sync after MiSter rebots, only 8bitdo ones.

So do you guys think that purchasing some bluetooth dongle from more well known brand like Asus may fix this problem? Probably 8bitdo dongle is also a solution, although its bluetooth 2.1 seems kinda outdated...