Rumble in 8BITDO Ultimate C wired controller

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
jordi

Rumble in 8BITDO Ultimate C wired controller

Unread post by jordi »

I purchased this pad at a very good price (10€) and the quality looks very promising, much more than my Tronsmart Mars from years ago.
But, I don't get rumble with it.

I tried connecting it with B button prssed, but no luck. It should switch to X-input

Do you have any clue?

edr

Re: Rumble in 8BITDO Ultimate C wired controller

Unread post by edr »

I use an Ultimate USB and an Ultimate Bluetooth and they both get rumble in for ex. the N64 core. I had to select the rumble pak option in the N64 core settings. Not sure if there's anything specifically different about the Ultimate "C" that would cause a problem (I assume you're keeping the MiSTer updated to recent versions of everything). The Ultimate "C" usually goes for 3 times that price, hopefully you didn't get a clone/fake somehow. You could also try updating to the latest 8BitDo firmware for that device with the 8BitDo updater app.

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

jordi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:17 pm

I purchased this pad at a very good price (10€) and the quality looks very promising, much more than my Tronsmart Mars from years ago.

I tried connecting it with B button prssed, but no luck. It should switch to X-input

Do you have any clue?

You have to activate the XInput mode to get rumble, from the 8BitDo website:

"When the controller is powered off, press and hold [X+home] or [B+home] to switch between Xinput mode and Dinput mode. The mode you’ve switched will be saved."

jordi

Unread post by jordi »

edr wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:34 am

I use an Ultimate USB and an Ultimate Bluetooth and they both get rumble in for ex. the N64 core. I had to select the rumble pak option in the N64 core settings. Not sure if there's anything specifically different about the Ultimate "C" that would cause a problem (I assume you're keeping the MiSTer updated to recent versions of everything). The Ultimate "C" usually goes for 3 times that price, hopefully you didn't get a clone/fake somehow. You could also try updating to the latest 8BitDo firmware for that device with the 8BitDo updater app.

Thank you, the pad is legit, as you said I updated it and it got recognized.

I will try the Xinput again, it is very bad documented I would say

jordi

Unread post by jordi »

Chris23235 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:41 am
jordi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:17 pm

Do you have any clue?

You have to activate the XInput mode to get rumble, from the 8BitDo website:

"When the controller is powered off, press and hold [X+home] or [B+home] to switch between Xinput mode and Dinput mode. The mode you’ve switched will be saved."

Thanks!!
It worked. They say (8bitdo) it will only work in windows, which is not true.
They even say gamepad won't even work in macos which is also not true :mrgreen: