Exidy Universal Game Board 2 core issues

retrodroid

Exidy Universal Game Board 2 core issues

Unread post by retrodroid »

The #Exidy Universal Game Board 2 core has finally landed for the MiSTer platform. Dive into 80s nostalgia with classic arcade hits like TARG, Spectar, Venture, Mouse Trap, and Pepper II!

First of all thank-you for working on this board, I'm excited to be able to play these old favorite games on my system!

I was testing these cores on my arcade CRT setup (connected via MiSTer analog IO board) and noticed that they all are offset to the top-left corner of my screen, partially off the screen. There don't appear to be any screen alignment controls in the menu for these cores yet either, so consider this a bug/feature request to have those added.

Also, when I try to run the Venture core, I get a rom error (a missing file I guess).

moxie

Re: Exidy Universal Game Board 2 core issues

Unread post by moxie »

I see this error when launching Venture:

"games/mame/venture.zip/11d-cpu
11d-cpu not found"

Edit: Got it working by finding 11d-cpu. I still see some glitches, though. When shooting horizontally, for example, Winky flies across the screen instead of just the arrow.

Really excited for these games, especially Venture.

dazzer69

Unread post by dazzer69 »

I ended up renaming ROM files to get Venture working.

shertz

Unread post by shertz »

retrodroid wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:33 pm

The #Exidy Universal Game Board 2 core has finally landed for the MiSTer platform. Dive into 80s nostalgia with classic arcade hits like TARG, Spectar, Venture, Mouse Trap, and Pepper II!

First of all thank-you for working on this board, I'm excited to be able to play these old favorite games on my system!

I was testing these cores on my arcade CRT setup (connected via MiSTer analog IO board) and noticed that they all are offset to the top-left corner of my screen, partially off the screen. There don't appear to be any screen alignment controls in the menu for these cores yet either, so consider this a bug/feature request to have those added.

Also, when I try to run the Venture core, I get a rom error (a missing file I guess).

ive tried it too. Having the same issues.

goldenage

Unread post by goldenage »

For Mouse Trap all the animal sounds are missing, for example, when you turn into a dog there is "woof" sound, and then when you eat a cat there should be a "meow". Also when you eat the pellets there should be a "chomp" sound.

dshadoff
Core Developer

Unread post by dshadoff »

I'm pretty sure that Anton said that not all of the sounds across all of the games were implemented yet, but that it was good enough for release (so that people could play)

MrMartian

Unread post by MrMartian »

Does Targ or Spectar work properly for anyone? The sprites aren't right for me... You can watch the demo and when the Wummel starts across the bottom, it jumps around.

moxie

Unread post by moxie »

MrMartian wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:06 pm

Does Targ or Spectar work properly for anyone? The sprites aren't right for me... You can watch the demo and when the Wummel starts across the bottom, it jumps around.

I see the same behavior. It can fly diagonally through walls as well.