TI 99/4a Core

shertz

TI 99/4a Core

Unread post by shertz »

I haven't been able to get this core working for a while. It was working at one point but then stopped. When I start the core I just get a blank screen and nothing happens. The mister osd dosent come up either.

Flandango
Core Developer

Re: TI 99/4a Core

Unread post by Flandango »

Are you using HDMI or CRT? If crt, the OS may not show up since the core's video isn't initializing so you will need to use HDMI for the initial configuration of system roms.

shertz

Unread post by shertz »

I'm using crt

akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

I just checked it on a CRT (Direct Video to PVM BNC) and it works OK. It's been some time, but I'm pretty sure I didn't need to intialize it on HDMI first - though YMMV of course and maybe you should try it.

Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

CRT from Direct VIdeo should show the OSD even if the core isn't producing a video signal.
CRT from the I/O board won't display the OSD if the core isn't producing a video signal and the TI99/4A core won't produce a video core if the system roms are missing and the cpu doesn't initialize the VDP.
Once the system roms are setup in the hardware menu of the OSD, then CRT works just fine from the I/O board.
Here is a bit more information from the other thread.

retrodroid

Unread post by retrodroid »

FYI I'm using this core regularly (including yesterday after updating MiSTer) with my CRT setup without issues.

shertz

Unread post by shertz »

Flandango wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:37 pm

CRT from Direct VIdeo should show the OSD even if the core isn't producing a video signal.
CRT from the I/O board won't display the OSD if the core isn't producing a video signal and the TI99/4A core won't produce a video core if the system roms are missing and the cpu doesn't initialize the VDP.
Once the system roms are setup in the hardware menu of the OSD, then CRT works just fine from the I/O board.
Here is a bit more information from the other thread.

Got it working now on my CRT. Thank you!