Would Like to See Supersprint Core

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
mong00se

Would Like to See Supersprint Core

Unread post by mong00se »

1_822580a555682f032758bc528e4e6f43.jpg
1_822580a555682f032758bc528e4e6f43.jpg (28.17 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

I would really like to see this core on the Mister. Is there any progress on this or is it a no go?

I want to find a way of playing it on my CRT.

Options so far.
Emulate and use Mistercast. (not tried yet)
Use original Gamecube hardware and play the ported version. ( Downloading rom will try later)
Atari ST version on Mister( Tried last night but struggling with figuring out controls. Car just spins around expecting a wheel)
Anyone else have any ideas?
I also have a logitech g27 wheel if i could get it working would be fun.

limi
Top Contributor

Re: Would Like to See Supersprint Core

Unread post by limi »

Amiga (via AmigaVision, I’m biased etc) has a port that is pretty much arcade-perfect. Look for “Turbo Sprint” for trademark reasons. Not sure if it supports wheels, though.

On the arcade front, Super Sprint runs on the Atari System 2 (medium resolution) board, Atari System 1 games are already running on MiSTer, so given a bit of development, it shouldn’t be too far away:

viewtopic.php?t=412

mong00se

limi wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:13 pm

Amiga (via AmigaVision, I’m biased etc) has a port that is pretty much arcade-perfect. Look for “Turbo Sprint” for trademark reasons. Not sure if it supports wheels, though.

On the arcade front, Super Sprint runs on the Atari System 2 (medium resolution) board, Atari System 1 games are already running on MiSTer, so given a bit of development, it shouldn’t be too far away:

viewtopic.php?t=412

Not heard of Turbo sprint. So i already have it in my Mister. I have only scratched the surface with Amiga vision, mostly playing demos which are awesome on a CRT. Gonna give it a try. I presume its on the hdf?

Thankyou for the heads up.

metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

Yes as stated the amiga version is almost perfect, i dont know if its been added into the latest amiga vision, you can grab it from here though

https://mcgeezer.itch.io/turbo-sprint

mong00se

Hi guys just tried it. Its on the image i already had. Its pretty much a clone of the arcade. Really impressed. Always loved that game in the arcade. Gonna be playing it tonight. I might do a side by side with other versions to see which one is best but Amiga is always up there. That Amiga Vision is the boss.
Thanks for your input.

mong00se

I have something to report on this game hehe.
Just been playing the Gamecube version. Its on a disc called Midway Arcade Treasures 2.
I am sry to say it is the best version next to the Arcade version. Its called Championship sprint and it is just awesome. It is silky smooth and has pretty much the exact sound effects and theme tune. I hooked it up with a scart video card and then an rgb bnc card and although its a bit darker than the mister it totally blew me away. If you have a Gamecube you need to try it out. It is better than the Amiga version. ( sry )

Attachments
IMG_1627.jpg
IMG_1627.jpg (2.77 MiB) Viewed 1369 times
IMG_1625.jpg
IMG_1625.jpg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 1369 times
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1624.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 1369 times
IMG_1622.jpg
IMG_1622.jpg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 1369 times
IMG_1620.jpg
IMG_1620.jpg (2.89 MiB) Viewed 1369 times
IMG_1619.jpg
IMG_1619.jpg (3.28 MiB) Viewed 1369 times
IMG_1616.jpg
IMG_1616.jpg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 1369 times
Niknice

Unread post by Niknice »

There is also the arcade version on the PSX compilation Arcade Party Pack, along with other arcade games. Tried Super Sprint and it seems to run fine.

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

mong00se wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:15 pm

It is better than the Amiga version. ( sry )

You show Super Sprint, the capable-but-not-quite-the-arcade Atari ST port to Amiga. Try Turbo Sprint on AmigaVision/MiSTer instead to get something closer to the arcade 😄

(Of course, the GameCube had better have a perfect port, being of a much, much later generation)

mong00se

limi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:24 pm
mong00se wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:15 pm

It is better than the Amiga version. ( sry )

You show Super Sprint, the capable-but-not-quite-the-arcade Atari ST port to Amiga. Try Turbo Sprint on AmigaVision/MiSTer instead to get something closer to the arcade 😄

(Of course, the GameCube had better have a perfect port, being of a much, much later generation)

Yes i suppose its like comparing apples to oranges but, when someone throws you a grapefruit for the first time you will be both shocked and suprised at the same time.

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Did Turbo Sprint live up to the hype? ;)

mong00se

limi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:34 pm

Yes indeed. It is an awesome port. The only thing it is let down on is the sound effects and music. I say that lightly though. I played it for hrs last night. I was so glad you pointed me in the right direction. The other game I love from the Amiga core is IK+ . The intro, the music, the gameplay is perfect. There is no better game on the Amiga. Change my mind:)

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

mong00se wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Yes indeed. It is an awesome port. The only thing it is let down on is the sound effects and music. I say that lightly though. I played it for hrs last night. I was so glad you pointed me in the right direction. The other game I love from the Amiga core is IK+ . The intro, the music, the gameplay is perfect. There is no better game on the Amiga. Change my mind:)

Sensible Soccer. Populous , St Dragon, Rainbow Islands all spring to mind

mong00se

FPGA64 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 pm
mong00se wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Sensible Soccer. Populous , St Dragon, Rainbow Islands all spring to mind

I remember the 80's early 90's when my girlfriends dad had an Amiga. I could not afford one. I used to sit watching him play Populus and a game called Hostages. Do you remember Hostages?

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/r ... ORM=VRDGAR
At the time I thought this is as good as it gets hehe.

midline_slippy

Unread post by midline_slippy »

Super Sprint on the NES is one of my fav from childhood that I still play today. I don't know how different it is from the Arcade ver, as I've never played the Arcade ver, but it may be worth checking out.

jrcp_kun

Unread post by jrcp_kun »

arcade is amazing...