0MHz DOS Collection 2024.03.20 Released

mrchrister
Scripting Wizard

Re: 0MHz DOS Collection 2024.03.20 Released

Unread post by mrchrister »

Fuzzball wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:23 pm

I have significantly increased the download speed from this script by change the aria2 commands from:

aria2c -x16 ........

to

aria2c -s16 -x16 ..........

It's gone from 1.5Mb/s to 7.2Mb/s. Still below what I can get in uGet but still a big improvement.

Only other thing I have noticed is that each time I restart the script it downloads and unzips everything from the start again.

Thanks for the hint. I added "-s 16" to the downloader script. If you use Linux to download, why don't you use jdownloader? That should give you good speeds on archive and easy link pasting.

mrchrister
Scripting Wizard

MiSTerTea wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:29 pm
mrchrister wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 pm

My motivation is mostly to have DOS games play as pixel art on Super Attract Mode since I don't have much time to play these days, so having no manuals etc is no problem for me.

If it's important for you to offer people an option to download games individually I will not look into other ways to support your archive list specifically.

Very well, I've uploaded a file with a list of all game file links to github that I intend to keep updated if/when I add more games:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/etalo ... /games.txt

This "games.txt" file can be read from a script and processed in order to download the "MiSTerTea 0MHz DOS Collection Addons".

Each line in the file contains a direct link to a game file that was uploaded to archive.org in the "MiSTerTea Addons" (https://tinyurl.com/MiSTerTea-0MHz). I believe this is a better alternative to re-uploading all the files to another archive.org page.

Be aware that there are some "replacements" to the main 0MHz DOS Collection. These will have the exact same file/folder names as some that already exist. This is my own version of a game that is already in the main collection that I added for one reason or another (some of them were actually done by me for Emubastard and were added into the main collection).

Cheers,

Nice! I'll change the addon downloader to use the list instead. Might take me couple of weeks though before I get to it..

Fuzzball

Unread post by Fuzzball »

mrchrister wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:58 pm

Thanks for the hint. I added "-s 16" to the downloader script. If you use Linux to download, why don't you use jdownloader? That should give you good speeds on archive and easy link pasting.

I don't want to install Java on my machine for various reasons. I was also hoping to use the script to automate everything rather than having to manually work out what is new and add it to a download manager. I can already do that with uGet if I wanted to but would rather use the script. It hasn't been that much work to get it working. I just need to make some final changes so that it doesn't start from scratch every time it is run.

heinzgruber

Unread post by heinzgruber »

Is it possible to use the AO486 unstable core with 0MHz collection? Im asking because I think the MGLs are tied to the stables core or am I wrong?

ItalianGrandma

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

heinzgruber wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:15 pm

Is it possible to use the AO486 unstable core with 0MHz collection? Im asking because I think the MGLs are tied to the stables core or am I wrong?

Should work fine. The MGL only specifies what core to use, it doesn't care about what version the core is.

heinzgruber

ItalianGrandma wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:23 pm

Should work fine. The MGL only specifies what core to use, it doesn't care about what version the core is.

okay. i'm asking beacuse in this case i don't start the core and then select a game. With 0MHz i directly select the game (MGL) which starts the core. So i wonder how the MGL can point to the unstable AO486?

Thanks

mrchrister
Scripting Wizard

Easiest is to rename unstable core. If you want both, you have to change the rbf line in each mgl

xFlesk

Unread post by xFlesk »

do you think its possible to play Deluxe Ski Jump on the core ?

TheCompany.pl - Amiga EXE Games
heinzgruber

mrchrister wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:22 am

Easiest is to rename unstable core. If you want both, you have to change the rbf line in each mgl

thanks! that's the solution i'm looking for. so i'll replace the original AO486 core with the unstable and rename it. :mrgreen:

Koston

Unread post by Koston »

Could also duplicate the entire MGL collection into alternatives that use the unstable core instead. This should be easily automated, and might be worth considering as an optional feature in your downloader gizmo?

Koston

Unread post by Koston »

mrchrister wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 pm

I tried to only include mister teas collection, but didn't find a good way to parse lists on archive. If someone has an idea how to access lists with shell tools I'd like to know. I limited the selection to only include "-0mhz" files which is the naming convention Mister Tea seems to use...

Is this what you're looking for?

Code: Select all

curl https://archive.org/services/users/@etalos/lists | jq '.value[] | select(.list_name == "0MHz DOS Collection Addons")'
mrchrister
Scripting Wizard

Koston wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:23 am
mrchrister wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 pm

I tried to only include mister teas collection, but didn't find a good way to parse lists on archive. If someone has an idea how to access lists with shell tools I'd like to know. I limited the selection to only include "-0mhz" files which is the naming convention Mister Tea seems to use...

Is this what you're looking for?

Code: Select all

curl https://archive.org/services/users/@etalos/lists | jq '.value[] | select(.list_name == "0MHz DOS Collection Addons")'

Yes indeed! I always got JavaScript errors when trying with curl to access the list directly but this works. Great stuff, thanks!

@MisterTea in this case we don't need to worry about a separate list on GitHub

ItalianGrandma

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

heinzgruber wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:48 pm

thanks! that's the solution i'm looking for. so i'll replace the original AO486 core with the unstable and rename it. :mrgreen:

Ah yeah, I misunderstood what you were asking before. Sorry!

mrchrister
Scripting Wizard

lomdar67 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:03 pm

Any chance that MisterTea's collection (https://archive.org/details/@etalos/lis ... publicdate) get included in your script? Don't want to use "include_unofficial_0mhz", because you don't really know what you get, but MisterTea's collection is working really fine.

Best regards,
Michael

Updates to 0mhz Downloader:

• 0mhz Downloader now only downloads unofficial addons from MiSTerTea's list

https://github.com/mrchrisster/0mhz-col ... nloader.sh