How do I add new Amiga configs?

Fuzzball

How do I add new Amiga configs?

Unread post by Fuzzball »

I mainly bought my Mister FPGA for Amiga emulation. Up till now I have only used it with AmigaVision but I am now looking to get a simpler setup that is more in line with how I used my Amiga A500 back in the day.

I notice that with installing AmigaVision I have Amiga and Amiga500 menu entries on the Mister so that got me thinking there must be a way to add new ones. I wanted to add an Amiga500HD entry and an Amiga1200 entry.

Before asking how to do this on here I had a go at doing it myself. I copied the Amiga500.mgl file and named it Amiga500HD.mgl and also renamed the title in this file. I then copied the Amiga500 folder in the games folder and named it to Amiga500HD. This gave me the new menu entry on the Mister but it just goes to a black screen.

At this point I thought I better ask on here how to do this before I break all the settings on my Mister. Ultimately what I am looking to do is also have entries that will allow me to setup an Amiga 500 with a hard drive which is what I had many years ago. Back then I "installed" Workbench 1.3 on it (it was really just copying the floppies using shell commands) and could then install games on it that had HD installers like Secret of Monkey Island (this also required a memory upgrade if I remember correctly). I also want an Amiga1200 entry which would be a vanilla Amiga 1200 setup with hard drive and Workbench 3.1.

Any help on achieving this would be greatly appreciated.