Reshoot Proxima 3 high score save not working

spikemorrissey

Reshoot Proxima 3 high score save not working

Unread post by spikemorrissey »

Hi,

I have the game Reshoot Proxima 3. I installed it on Workbench and can play it great through my MISTer

The game is meant to save the high scores but it won't on my MISTer. I have reached out to the author and he says it saves fine on his MISTer.

Is there a specific way of quitting a game running through workbench and returning to workbench as opposed to rebooting or resetting from the OSD?

segamemister

Re: Reshoot Proxima 3 high score save not working

Unread post by segamemister »

if it the whdload version then use the quit key

http://whdload.de/games/ReshootR.html

It can be quit by pressing F10 i belive whdload save stuff once you quit the game cant remember why

ah has to do with write cache - https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=830683&postcount=5

spikemorrissey

Thanks for the reply but there is no whdload version of it, it was a commercial release which i bought direct from the author

breiztiger
Top Contributor

Unread post by breiztiger »

CPC-Power Staff
spikemorrissey

Thank you.

Excuse my ignorance, but would I go about installing it for WHDLoad?

I have the game files as I bought the game and I see the WHDLoad install link but how do I combine the two together please to make a WHDLoad install?

xFlesk

Unread post by xFlesk »

copy whdload installer and the original, entire zip file with a game to your minimig core workbench
extract whdload lha package anywhere and run setup
during installation wizard you will be prompt to point location of your reshoot proxima 3 zip file
simple as that ;)

PS
highscore save works perfect on whdload version

TheCompany.pl - Amiga EXE Games
spikemorrissey

xFlesk wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:59 pm

copy whdload installer and the original, entire zip file with a game to your minimig core workbench
extract whdload lha package anywhere and run setup
during installation wizard you will be prompt to point location of your reshoot proxima 3 zip file
simple as that ;)

PS
highscore save works perfect on whdload version

Thank you for the instructions.
Sadly I ran into an issue. With the version of the game I got, it came with a CD - but my PC doesn't have a CD drive and a USB stick.
On the USB stick are the contents of the game extracted - not in a zip file which the installer asks for - I created a zip file with the same name being asked for by the installer with the contents of the USB card
This then installed the game but when I ran it I got a windowed box titled WHDLoad 18.9 'DOS-error #205 (object not found) on locking "data"'

I then presumed that it hadn't extracted properly and copied all the files and drawers manually then on trying to run the game this time I got the error 'bad workbench arguments'

Any ideas please?

Syntax Error

Unread post by Syntax Error »

If you're sure its okay to link that thing here :?

I checked it the zip folder in shared (using mega ags for all things Amiga since im not a hardcore amigian cultist)

The game itself runs fine (and quite the masterpiece as far as i dare speak on amiga-tektek demos) clearly made by some who know their motorolas but i cant get the hiscore to save , theres no pressing f10 as you would in AGS games and the zip install complains about no disk in df0 and df1 . When i insert blank disks in those it complains about "no disk in cc0" (and i dont even know what cc0 stands for on an Amiga) but it boots when i click cancel to an interlaced (great) screen and the shooter over some kind of demo-plasma background which all really works. It give off a bit of a horizontal soul force (c64) vibe with the storyline avatar.

The price seems to be aimed at amigian collectors tho lol , in a week where i bought dawn of defiance for €14 i say ole chap

It says "hiscore saving only on amiga" in the credits so i suppose it should, the whd gives some weird error about something not found in the .bin file and the other one asks to "insert cd" which i obviously dont have on a mister (actually i do have a usb dvd but i dont know if it would recognize and i bet that would be core-specific anyway)

SO ... im sorry i couldnt help lol
:mrgreen: awesome game from the looks of it tho

spikemorrissey

I've been in discussion with the author about this previously, according to him it does work in Mister so this is all very strange

'I am no MISTer expert myself. The game runs just fine on my config, and it does save highscores. Your config looks good to me. Therefore I unfortunaly have no idea what goes wrong here. May I ask you to ask your question in some MISTer board? Maybe you might want to try the English Amiga Board too?
Ganz liebe Grüße,
Richard Löwenstein
Geschäftsführung | Project Lead „Reshooter“

'Hi Richard

The game is wonderful but I still can't get it to save my high scores

My Mister system is
cpu 68020
d-cache - off
chipset - aga
chipram - 384m
slowram - none
hrtmon - disabled

kickstart version 40.68
workbench version 40.42 - 3.1 rom

I quit the game by resetting or rebooting but the scores wont save!'

rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

I think you have to eject the floppy image to commit the write in MiSTer, no?

spikemorrissey

rhester72 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:31 pm

I think you have to eject the floppy image to commit the write in MiSTer, no?

Its not a floppy image, to run it I click on the program directly in the drawer on Workbench on MISTer

rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

OK...if you open a CLI after you exit the game, before you have exited the core, is there a save file where it's supposed to be? (I have no knowledge of the game or what path or filename the saves use, so I'm flying blind here...just trying to establish whether the issue is with physical or virtual writes.)

Syntax Error

Unread post by Syntax Error »

This is such a nice place compared to some other forums ...

on-topic : i dont know how much help it'l be and i havent checked it yet as im just watching the vid now :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W83OO5A ... herryNinja

Apparently amigavision is patching up their setup with cd32 support so someone who got the physical can rip it to a .chd and play it that way (?) do correct me if im wrong, "Amiga" is such a huge collection of different machines, setups and chips that i get confused a lot and i never actually had one.

https://amiga.vision/ , to me the best invention for amiga-lamers like myself since running water, if you exit the UI it boots you get to a desktop environment where you can access the contents of (/media/fat/games/.../Amiga/shared/ if you click on the folder ("drawer"?) icon that says "Mister" and you can slot floppies (.adf i think only) via the osd , press reset and it will boot to floppy like that.

As for the cd, i'll certainly get the update but i dont really have amiga cd's lying around to rip and check out but maybe this will help you out (or maybe they can help you out if you reach out and ask, they seem to be hell-bent on preserving the better years of their lives and pretty knowledgeable on their turf)

:arrow: