Soundblaster support

NightShadowPT

Soundblaster support

Unread post by NightShadowPT »

Hi,

I've realized that for most games the core does not need drivers for the Sound Blaster (having the SET BLASTER line in Autoexec.bat is enough), but I have a few games that seem to struggle to detect the sound card correctly.

Has any of you used the Creative Soundblaster drivers? Do they even work?

Cheers,
thorr
Top Contributor

Re: Soundblaster support

Unread post by thorr »

I just started playing with this last night, but I did install the Sound Blaster floppies and had no issues.
zomgugoff

Unread post by zomgugoff »

Some games don't check for the BLASTER variable and default to IRQ7 (Simcity Classic...), so you have to manually set the addresses. Considering we don't have any sort of parallel port hardware in the core, I'm not sure why IRQ7 wasn't used as the default.
Caldor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Caldor »

zomgugoff wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:07 pm Some games don't check for the BLASTER variable and default to IRQ7 (Simcity Classic...), so you have to manually set the addresses. Considering we don't have any sort of parallel port hardware in the core, I'm not sure why IRQ7 wasn't used as the default.
I think IRQ 7 was default for Sound Blaster Pro, but AO486 uses Sound Blaster 2 and these are the default values for that sound card.