Nice arcade pad ? - PDP Versus!

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
mrtomato

Nice arcade pad ? - PDP Versus!

Unread post by mrtomato »

Hi,

I was looking for good pad with micro switches, I considered original Neo Geo CD and also PS3 version of USB SNK Neo Geo CD controller.

I had good deal for original Neo Geo CD controllers but someone bought them.

Next option was looking for for PS3 version of SNK controller, but it is rare as hell and expensive.

So I found PDP Versus controller (it is not produced anymore), there are version for Xbox 360 and PS3. It have micro switches joystick and also action buttons with micro switches.

I bought this on Amazon with shipping to UE. On Amazon prices are lot better than over Ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051MQK6K/

I got this under 25 euro, so I had no taxes added.

Controller works great with arcade games on Mister. I got this as new old stock sealed.

This controller have negative feedback on Amazon since rubberized back of this controller over time lost properties and becomes very sticky. I use acetone and isopropanol do remove this rubbery mess and gonna to spray paint this with some special paint for plastic materials.

It is very good alternative for expensive SNK controllers that cost even more because need to use special usb adapters.
trackball

Re: Nice arcade pad ? - PDP Versus!

Unread post by trackball »

I agree - I have one myself and am loving this controller with my MiSTer!
Smokemonster also recommended this model on his recent livestream focused on controllers.
mrtomato

Unread post by mrtomato »

trackball wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:29 am I agree - I have one myself and am loving this controller with my MiSTer!
Smokemonster also recommended this model on his recent livestream focused on controllers.
It is great and cheap controller, I have PS3 version and looking at the box this controller was also licensed by Sony.

I am gonna test this more since when i tested PS3 Ultra Street Fighter IV i noticed that i can pull special moves lot easier than on CPS1 Street Fighter on Mister.

Maybe there is some problem with diagonals.
goosewerks

Unread post by goosewerks »

I've got the Xbox and PlayStation versions.

The rubber texture on the rear has become sticky and worn off of both, but I'm told talcum powder is a good fix instead of using IPA wipes to remove.