Show Us Your MiSTers

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
bazza_12
Top Contributor

Re: Show Us Your MiSTers

Unread post by bazza_12 »

oOOo that vixen poster.. another classic..:)

The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
Mr^O^BIG

Unread post by Mr^O^BIG »

Hi mate, this is my MiSTer into a stick, ;)

Mr BIG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muthuxmut

Unread post by muthuxmut »

Mr^O^BIG wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:39 am

Hi mate, this is my MiSTer into a stick, ;)

Mr BIG

you cant just tease us with a single pic ... insides please :)

Galaga Tragic :)
PikWik

Unread post by PikWik »

i think the NFC game loading really gives the MiSTer a console like touch. i need to make an NFC reader and get some cards made

egrath

Unread post by egrath »

Hi,

just want to show my new build. Had a MiSTer previously when the project started years ago, but was always dissatisfied with it because of the available options regarding the casing, so I sold the setup not long after and sticked with my MiST. Until recently when I decided to go with a JAMMIX and assemble it into a proper case.

One of the most important aspects to me was that the setup should look and feel like a "real" computer (as I mostly use the Minimig, AO486 and PC-XT cores). What I did:

• JAMMIX ITX board
  • JAMMIX DB15 breakout
  • A proper case, the Lian Li DAN A4-H2O SFF case
  • Semi-passive SFX power supply
  • Front USB ports from the case connected to a internal, powered USB hub
  • Internal USB-SATA adaptor and a SSD on one of the hub's port's and a USB-RS232 adaptor on the other, mounted to a slot bracket.
  • RTC
  • Flexible microSD extension for easy access to the SD card
  • WIFI and Bluetooth

How it looks:

jammix1.jpeg
jammix2.jpeg
jammix3.jpeg
jammix4.jpeg
jammix5.jpeg

PS: Don't mind the ugly 3D printed holder for the SSD, my printer had some issues at that time and I was too lazy to print it again as it works nonetheless.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rickdangerous

Unread post by rickdangerous »

Thank you for sharing. Looks AWESOME!

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

C-R-T

Unread post by C-R-T »

That’s the biggest Mister I’ve ever seen! Why not get a normal case instead? It’s smaller, sleeker and better looking. Not to mention cheaper and easier to build.

egrath

Unread post by egrath »

C-R-T wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:51 pm

Why not get a normal case instead?

What you mean with “normal case”. The JAMMIX needs a ITX case and the one i used is one of the smallest which satisfies my needs.

neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

egrath wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:22 pm
C-R-T wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:51 pm

Why not get a normal case instead?

What you mean with “normal case”. The JAMMIX needs a ITX case and the one i used is one of the smallest which satisfies my needs.

He means a mini-itx case like this one

whocares

Unread post by whocares »

Hi everyone, wanted to share my first Mister setup. Took me about a week to get all the parts and planning but it’s worth it :)

The goal was to have it function like the original and visually look unmodified.

Highlights

• All SFC buttons work; eject fully resets Mister back to main screen and reset (user button) resets the core - just like the real console. Used MX keyboard buttons - I learned the original SFC reset button is simply an MX keyboard button. Used a bottle cap to add length under eject button and reused the clear silicone caps that came with the DE10 fit perfectly over the MX key.

• Tapto (PN532 and CP2102 usb) NFC installed under the SFC logo at the top right.

• Controller ports 1 and 2 wired to a daemonbite (Arduino pro micro) work with original SFC/SNES controller and NES with cable swapped to SFC.

-Working power switch, re-used the original DC port and soldered wires to the DE10 nano.

• Working red power led (a happy bonus for wiring the daemonbite directly to the port pins).

Issue

The only trouble I ran into was the placement of the DE10. There were trade offs with both orientations. Decided to trim the multiport a bit as the HDMI port was about 2mm to low and 4mm to the right blocking part of the port. I reused the original mounting hole and added some standoffs to the base. Everything is very secure when plugging in cables. Did not need to trim or remove any material from the bottom, I did need to trim part of the cartridge slot and that’s about it.

zachcollier

Unread post by zachcollier »

whocares wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:58 pm
  • All SFC buttons work; eject fully resets Mister back to main screen and reset (user button) resets the core - just like the real console. Used MX keyboard buttons - I learned the original SFC reset button is simply an MX keyboard button. Used a bottle cap to add length under eject button and reused the clear silicone caps that came with the DE10 fit perfectly over the MX key.

I love what you've done, here!

I especially appreciate the clever use of the bottle cap to reach to switch in the bottom of the case. Nice work making it happen!

I believe that the Super Famicom is the most beautiful game console that ever existed - perhaps I'm biased because I was the perfect age to be influenced, around 12 years old, when the Super Famicom photo leaks were first appearing in video game magazines! I'm glad you've found a way to give this console new life, and it's great that you maintained proper controller ports.

Thanks for sharing!

whocares

Unread post by whocares »

@zachcollier

Thanks, appreciate the kind words. I was inspired by other builds and have wanted something like this for more than a decade, tried with SBC and it never felt right. Wasn’t until I heard about the mister project last year that I got re-inspired.

Really wanted anyone to be able to use the SFC as it was, so preserving the original look and feel was important.

I had zero soldering skills before this so anyone considering a build just do it! Hope by sharing I solved some questions other might have in their approach and see more console builds. The SFC is indeed a great looking design even growing up with the SNES as a kid i was perplexed we never got the rainbow buttons that the console was originally shown in the early days.

mong00se

Unread post by mong00se »

IMG_1567.jpg
CoolGamer

Unread post by CoolGamer »

mong00se wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:37 am

IMG_1567.jpg

Very nice looking build! 😀

mong00se

Unread post by mong00se »

CoolGamer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:14 am
mong00se wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:37 am

IMG_1567.jpg