Local Storage Options

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
enigmo

Local Storage Options

Unread post by enigmo »

I was just wondering, what do most people use for local storage if they want their MiSTers with as much as possible locally? i.e. Every ROM and core they can get their hands on?
I understand I can replace the SD included with the DE10 Nano with a 256GB SanDisk or similar, but if you have an i/o card, are there may cores that do not support the secondary SD card slot? Given that, do those same cores also not support USB drives? I have a few spare SSDs and a USB to SATA adaptor is cheaper than a big SD card.
Cebion

Re: Local Storage Options

Unread post by Cebion »

The secondary SD Card slot can not be used to extend your storage.
The easiest way in my opinion is a NAS (Network Attached Storage) you connect your mister to it and have all the files available.

Alternative a hard drive connected via usb to the mister.
enigmo

Unread post by enigmo »

I'm not looking to extend the storage, just have separate/secondary storage. For example, using the original small SD card for cores, but a second larger SD or hard drive basically for games, so whatever VHD images Minimig might need, for example.
mrtomato

Unread post by mrtomato »

Little sad that IO biard's sd card is not for extending the storage since when PS1 core arrive IT will be great if it could be use to store ISO's.
Cebion

Unread post by Cebion »

That's what the USB ports are for