Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting - Running Too Fast?

jimbodeanny

Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting - Running Too Fast?

Unread post by jimbodeanny »

I've been enjoying using the Mister FPGA in my Big Blue arcade cabinet for a while now and things have been great.

However, recently I decided to fire up SF2 Hyper Fighting and the game seems to play a bit faster than normal. The attract mode gameplay is significantly slower than actual gameplay. To compare, I also played it on Fightcade 2 (which uses the same "World" romset) as well as on 30th Anniversary Edition and noticed that both play a bit slower than on the Mister. Granted, it should play faster than its predecessors (i.e. World Warrior and Champion Edition), but not THIS fast.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution to get it to the proper speed?

aberu
Core Developer

Re: Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting - Running Too Fast?

Unread post by aberu »

Do you have a recording off of the original PCB and not other emulators to compare?
birdybro~
jimbodeanny

Unread post by jimbodeanny »

I don't own an original PCB, so no, I wanted to check with others to see if they've experienced this as well.

I've played it enough (on original hardware) to notice a difference. The fact that even the attract mode is noticeably different (slower than the gameplay) makes it a bit suspicious. I've spoken to other players that agree it's definitely faster than normal, but I know that can be subjective.
Relikk

Unread post by Relikk »

jimbodeanny wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:10 amThe attract mode gameplay is significantly slower than actual gameplay.
This is normal.